A&H

Rugby

Agree, say the sport is rotten but watch it and slag off the official who was outstanding

Yes it looked like close calls went scotlands way

But only cos Owens called them all correctly!

The Referee Store
Padfoot,
there is a citing commissioner appointed to every International Tier one match. His role is to determine whether there has been any breaches of law 10 of the Laws of the game of Rugby Union., which the Match Referee has missed.
If the Match Referee has missed an act of foul play and the Citing Commissioner sees it, the citing commissioner has a protocol to follow, which allows the Act of Foul Play to be reported to, In International Rugby's case, World Rugby

The most amazing thing I learnt was that the referee has NO powers until he starts the match. A fight occurs during the warm up or just before kick-off, nothing to do with the referee. Players can start.

Good job that is not in football - imagine the dissent you could get before the game started if you could not take action......

Perfection by Mr Owens at Murrayfield yesterday, some huge calls, mostly agaignst England tbh but each one spot on.
Huge difference in the way the players accept even the most controversial of calls

Disagree regarding the Care try, ref told Launchbury to get hands off ball on floor, Owens was clearly happy to play on he didn’t state advantage for any infringement by Launchbury, the ball is then played by Scotland and intercepted by care who races clear ball in hand.

Launchbury hands on ball on floor happens every ruck time the ref tells the player to leave it Launchbury in this case left it, Owens didn’t deem in worthy of shouting advantage to Scotland he played on then Scotland make the error! for me it was wrong of Owens.

Wasn’t the penalty count something like 16 to 1 in favour of Scotland?

I’m not a sore loser honest :)

What a surprise! The Scotland player cited for gouging has got away with it.....because......2 of his fingers are naturally hooked so it just looked like he tried to gouge his opponent!

What a load of bull!

What a surprise! The Scotland player cited for gouging has got away with it.....because......2 of his fingers are naturally hooked so it just looked like he tried to gouge his opponent!

What a load of bull!

Let them have it they’ll dine out on that win for the next 10yrs.

Disagree regarding the Care try, ref told Launchbury to get hands off ball on floor, Owens was clearly happy to play on he didn’t state advantage for any infringement by Launchbury, the ball is then played by Scotland and intercepted by care who races clear ball in hand.

Launchbury hands on ball on floor happens every ruck time the ref tells the player to leave it Launchbury in this case left it, Owens didn’t deem in worthy of shouting advantage to Scotland he played on then Scotland make the error! for me it was wrong of Owens.

Wasn’t the penalty count something like 16 to 1 in favour of Scotland?

I’m not a sore loser honest :)

Scotland certainly deserved their "once-every-ten-years" ( :D ) win against England for sure, but you're right about the Care try. That should have stood. Owens, great referee and character that he is, got that badly wrong. ;)

Scotland certainly deserved their "once-every-ten-years" ( :D ) win against England for sure, but you're right about the Care try. That should have stood. Owens, great referee and character that he is, got that badly wrong. ;)

Nice one Kes thanks for the moral support even if it is 2 months late :)

Reactions: Kes
Back