A&H

Ross County v Aberdeen

✅ Excessive force
✅ Challenge had no consideration for safety of the other player

So red is the right call here, IMO!

That’s a clear red, the ball is close enough to the offending player that he doesn’t need to use such force to play the ball, he’s shaking his head but I think he’s taken an opportunity to give someone a good hiding.
@lalec03 @GraemeS Spot on here. This is the kind of insight that really helps you know the force was excessive.

Just like the Referee in the game, I'm betting the vast majority of us wouldn't have even considered a dismissal for this tackle in real-time
@Big Cat I totally agree. But it's a good reminder to take the extra few steps to get a great angle of a 50/50ish ball like this. If you have a great angle and good proximity, you can probably give the correct red right away.

The Referee Store
I'm absolutely not saying I would have seen it real time, but watching replays, whether full speed or slowed down, it is a clear red card. He had absolutely no reason to follow through like that after kicking the ball, he knew exactly what he was doing. It was an understandable error by the referee to not see it real time, but still a clear and obvious error and therefore definitely within VAR remit.

Back