A&H

Roma v Brighton

Paul_10

Cringing a bit at the post match discussion on Romas 3rd goal suggesting the VAR has drew the line wrong and the goal should of been disallowed.

Steve Sidwell even saying we are hoping too see a red line as I'm assuming that would make the technology more believable and nothing to with it benefiting Brighton... 🤔

I will say though, surely a better camera angle could be used because the angle to the naked eye makes it look more decieving. It's like the Arsenal Man united one where the angle makes it look like it should be a different decision to what the technology is saying therefore giving doubts to pundits and fans alike.

The Referee Store
IMHO until all football (or football that operates VAR) adopts the Champions League semi automated offside graphics, then we will have this dispute week in, week out.

The only software that can visualise the decision in black and white which both pundits and Steve down the boozer understand is the CL graphic below.

1709852747532.png

Speaking of bad camera angles, they’ve used an awful one to show a replay of salahs goal in the liverpool game, as that looks clearly onside, unless somethings gone terribly wrong behind the scenes

IMHO until all football (or football that operates VAR) adopts the Champions League semi automated offside graphics, then we will have this dispute week in, week out.

The only software that can visualise the decision in black and white which both pundits and Steve down the boozer understand is the CL graphic below.

View attachment 7190
I can't wait until this comes to the PL and then the graphic shows someones ear is offside!

There was one Serie A game this season who uses the SAOT and it showed a player stud/heel offside despite the striker having his back to goal, imagine if something like that happens in the prem, there be uproar that there is no advantage whatsoever to the attacker as it's so black and white.

Offside is black and white though, there is nothing in law about whether a player is gaining an advantage.

Whether it's a stud, ear or nipple, it's undisputable, it would be no worse than the current set up of two lines of top of each other taken from a 45 degree angle of the pitch.

How can anyoen be expected to take this camera angle seriously?
1709913129916.png

Back