A&H

Roll on roll off subs

Howard the moonhead pleb

Level 7 Referee
Ladies and gents

I have a ladies cup final tomorrow that I'm in the middle for and the ladies league I ref in have the roll on roll off subs policy. 3 subs can only be named. Normally during league games I would check the subs boots and jewellery etc before the game and when subs come and go I normally don't make them enter/leave the FOP from the half way line and this can be long winded when each team makes a substitution every 5 mins.

For the final I'm assuming that the 4th official will check the subs on and off the field as he/she would do at any other final. I just wanted to ask if anyone has reffed in a ladies final and/or had the roll on roll off policy in a final with assistants etc

Thanks for reading

MOONHEAD out

The Referee Store
Yes. Did a semi-final as an AR with a roll-on roll-off. There was no 4th Official though. Kit had already been checked beforehand but players went on to the field after the player had left. All of this overseen by the senior AR. Hope this helps.

4th official to check boots, jewellery etc on the half way line, then as soon as he is ready, he tells the senior AR who signals for a sub. Takes no more time than a regular sub, its just that there may be more of them.

If it's rolling then they don't need to await permission, right?
Not 100% sure but I think that it depends on the league rules. From my experience it has been a said number of subs that can be used on a rolling basis, but it must be done in normal sub procedure, i.e. stoppage in play, half way line.

For us, roll on subs is synonymous with on-the-fly. That is to say, you can bring them in and out as you please.

Cheers fellas for the response.

The final went rather well, losing team moaned about a goal I gave when they thought the keeper had been fouled but ultimately Couldn't catch a cold and gave an advantage that lead to a goal. But hey ho , were never going to be fully loved .

My team and assessor said I got every decision spot on so in happy with that

Thanks again

P.s each sub had to be checked in and out every time a sub was made. All done in correct normal substitution procedure. Abeit about 50 times

Yup, our leagues that have rolling subs go through the procedure, although we don;t need to record anyting. Just keep an eye on how many players ore on the field.

Back