A&H

Open Age Reporting Discipline for New Teams

555Ref

Hi
Today I sent off a player (OFFINABUS) in a friendly fixture between two Sunday league sides. My question is how I would report this in some unique circumstances.

One of the teams (not the one that had a player dismissed) was sponsored by a pub, but the pub has come under new ownership and the new owner no longer wants to sponsor the team. The team has found a new pub to sponsor them, but I'm not sure whether they are changing the name of the existing club or if they are creating a new club.

I plan to wait until the WGS maintenance is finished to see if the name of the new pub is in the system. However, if it isn't, I'm not sure what to do. I could report it as the old pub (if it's still there) but if they're no longer using that club then that would be incorrect.

I have thought about contacting the RDO, however Liverpool County FA don't seem to have appointed a new one after the last one left.

Any thoughts?

The Referee Store
First questions - are both clubs registered and was the match sanctioned? Were you appointed by the league (or County FA) or approached by a club to referee the game?

First questions - are both clubs registered and was the match sanctioned? Were you appointed by the league (or County FA) or approached by a club to referee the game?
Both clubs are registered (according to the managers, I haven't seen any proof personally) and I was appointed by the home club as county don't appoint grassroots friendlies where I am. I don't have any reason to doubt the managers, it's just the situation with the name change/new club that I'm not sure about.

As for the match being sanctioned, the league don't list friendlies and its not on full time if that's what you mean. Friendlies are very informal round here (no teamsheets etc) so I would be surprised if county know about the game.

I'm hoping I add the game on Thursday and the new name shows up but just unsure about what to do if it doesn't go that smoothly.

The name change shouldn't make a difference, the record will be anchored on the club ID not the name. But your best option is to contact the CFA discipline department, there are details on the website.

Back