A&H

Remembrance Sunday

Rye87Ref

Level 7 Referee
It is obviously remembrance Sunday this coming Sunday.

Is it correct for our Saturday fixtures to observe a minutes silence??

I think it is, but just wanted to check!

The Referee Store
I know most refs would use common sense and do it anyway but weird to think that not one of the three leagues I ref for have sent out any guidance/reminders about the minutes' silence, especially considering on one of the leagues there's a heck of a lot of lvl 9s reffing.

Good morning
I am not a referee but thought this the best place to come for some advice
does any of your good selves know the protocol of laying a remembrance wreath in the centre circle
I am very familiar with military protocol
my question really is once I lay the wreath at the centre circle do I return to the edge of the pitch or remain at the centre circle ?

many thanks in advance

Good morning
I am not a referee but thought this the best place to come for some advice
does any of your good selves know the protocol of laying a remembrance wreath in the centre circle
I am very familiar with military protocol
my question really is once I lay the wreath at the centre circle do I return to the edge of the pitch or remain at the centre circle ?

many thanks in advance

Not really seen it done at grassroots level, but when seen done on TV I've always seen the guy who lays in return to sideline and then come back to remove it afterwards. At grassroots level I would say lay it and stand on the circle, not with either team or the referee, but maybe directly opposite the referee where there is usually nobody standing.

Cheers Evan
This will be an FA cup first round match tomorrow

In that case I'm guessing there will be TV cameras there for the highlights show, best probably to step off the pitch in this case and return after the minutes silence.

Had not thought about TV cameras, In which case i make you right, don't want my mug on any camera

Back