A&H

Refereeing research call

Olliebobroff

Level 8 Referee
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone would be able to spare some time this week for a brief research call? I am looking to get some more detail on what it is like to be a referee in this country, how the promotion system works, and what it takes to progress all the way to being a Select Group referee.

I would massively appreciate it if we could have a quick call this week.

All the best

Ollie

Last edited:
The Referee Store
You will really need to contact the FA's refereeing department @Olliebobroff. Referees doing interviews or speaking to the media without the permission of their County FA / The FA is frowned upon, plus you also need to make sure you get the correct information, especially as the referee promotion scheme changed recently.

This is however lots of information in the public domain, such as the links below.

You will really need to contact the FA's refereeing department @Olliebobroff. Referees doing interviews or speaking to the media without the permission of their County FA / The FA is frowned upon, plus you also need to make sure you get the correct information, especially as the referee promotion scheme changed recently.

This is however lots of information in the public domain, such as the links below.

One question I do have, which I haven't been able to find an answer for is... When referee's are promoted to National List and the Select Groups, is that dependent on referee's in the category above them retiring?

Thanks!

I don't have any sources to back this up but like other levels referees can move up as well as down. I think select groups are contracted whereas the national list aren't.

Back