A&H

Refereeing Goals

IrkRef

lkref
Was thinking today about my goals within refereeing, short term and long term and wondered what everyone else's goals within refereeing are.I want to:
Do well in my county's development programme this season
Go for my 7-6 in March
Then 6-5 the following season, along with putting in to be considered for 6-4.
From that point I'm not really sure, but long term I'd love to go all the way to the top!

What are your goals?

The Referee Store
get off my arse and get fit, and get some games in! lol after that try and have an injury free season and hopefully a half decent one before applying for promotion

small steps...

Short term would be to achieve level 6 this season. Long term I would love a crack at level 4.

Was thinking today about my goals within refereeing, short term and long term and wondered what everyone else's goals within refereeing are.I want to:
Do well in my county's development programme this season
Go for my 7-6 in March
Then 6-5 the following season, along with putting in to be considered for 6-4.
From that point I'm not really sure, but long term I'd love to go all the way to the top!

What are your goals?
Seem good goals to me pal, very similar to my own set.
Just to clarify, can you still do a double jump, cause I was told you can't any more?

Short term: start refereeing again, looking at an October start
Long term: get my level 5. Have been a level 6 for 15 years so thought it about time to step up a notch

My target is L6 promotion. I've attended the seminar, passed the LOTG exam and paid my fee. 4 games completed, closed dates for August and September submitted and ready to go. Have sacrificed my Saturday afternoons at Donny Rovers in order to get the games in as early as possible and before the weather intervenes.
I'd love to earn my Futsal level 4 stripes, too. I've enjoyed my Futsal games and I could get to national level more easily at Futsal than 11-a-side IMHO. That's a bit more long term, in the background type of thing.
If L6 is successful, I'll consider L6-5 next February.
And short term is to complete the Scotland coast to coast (http://www.ratracecoasttocoast.com) in a better time that in 2013 (which I'd tell you if I could remember!).

I finished in 300th in the Challenger category, time 14:23:59. I can improve some sectors if not all with a bit more knowledge of the event. With comparable weather, I'm looking for sub 13:30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Referee a 'proper' cup final i.e Not tournaments etc.

Season number 16 about to start and ne'er a sniff. Always the bridesmaid it seems.

Last edited:
Referee a 'proper' cup final i.e Not tournaments etc.

Season number 17 about to start and ne'er a sniff. Always the bridesmaid it seems.
I managed 1 in my 2nd season and 1 in my 14th season. I have a box full of 4th official medals but I don't think I referee many more finals. There's younger and better referees out there and they should get their chance.

At the moment I have one simple goal; avoid aggravating an existing injury!

Once that is sorted, promotion!

Edited my post as I can't count - it's 16.

But at 34 I hardly think I'm old! :D

Still that's my goal, ensure that marks are good enough to be in contention, without playing the "same old faces" , "lifetime achievement", or "what about me?" cards. Want to earn it, not be given a sop to shut me up ;)

At the moment I am 17. I hope to be a level 4 by the time I am 25. Then I hope to push on from there.

Just been accepted in the Birmingham County Ref Development Programme and got 3 lines on the Under 18 Premier League through already, this season is a big season for me I reckon...

Back