A&H

Referee Socks and Headset Ideas

Dezza

Hi guys I posted something related to this a couple days ago. I was looking for referee socks which are preferably Adidas and go above knee height. I seen ones on the Scottish Football Association (SFA) Referee Shop but I am too scared to buy them as I bought Precision black ones a couple months ago size 7-11 and they barely go to knee height. I have very long legs and size 10 feet which is the only reason why I'm very hesitant on getting them, but they would go great with all my kit already. The size of the socks are 8-10 that I am looking at and I want them to come above my knees and have barely any gap between my legs and the shorts like the professionals have. Michael Oliver is the referee I have always looked up to and always has his socks up at perfect length so if anyone has anything to say whether it would be good to go for the Adidas ones I've seen can you please reply. I know this will come much later in my referee career but I think it's better knowing just now what headsets are good for communicating with other officials e.g. Assistant Referees and Additional Assistant Referees. Thank you very much and have a great day!

The Referee Store
The most important thing I look for and admire in a referee is that gap between shorts and socks, I have actually in the past produced a tape measure and if the ref am watching has 3/4 cm between garments then that it,nailed on 8.6 minimum, I suddenly overlook the fact the ref aint fit, I donf really care he messed up three DOGSO and that it appeared he did not know which team was shooting which way has no bearing, I am overjoyed when everytime there is a throughh ball, the game is halted for offside, just in case the player was offside, and we even had no goalie for 22 mins, it adds to the excitement.

Sock length? How about going out there and concentrating on referering, and given time the model offers for Next catalogue will fly in

Last edited:
Hi guys I posted something related to this a couple days ago. I was looking for referee socks which are preferably Adidas and go above knee height. I seen ones on the Scottish Football Association (SFA) Referee Shop but I am too scared to buy them as I bought Precision black ones a couple months ago size 7-11 and they barely go to knee height. I have very long legs and size 10 feet which is the only reason why I'm very hesitant on getting them, but they would go great with all my kit already. The size of the socks are 8-10 that I am looking at and I want them to come above my knees and have barely any gap between my legs and the shorts like the professionals have. Michael Oliver is the referee I have always looked up to and always has his socks up at perfect length so if anyone has anything to say whether it would be good to go for the Adidas ones I've seen can you please reply. I know this will come much later in my referee career but I think it's better knowing just now what headsets are good for communicating with other officials e.g. Assistant Referees and Additional Assistant Referees. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Dezza, I think you might be over-thinking the socks thing a bit. It's important to feel comfortable and confident of course. Get a few pairs, get some stocking ties, don't panic. Read the laws, run some lines for good referees, do some quizzes on areferee.com and tell stories and ask questions here - would be great to know how you get on and deal with your socks games!

I have a recurring dream where I look down and see one of my socks has rolled down. It's why my stocking ties are in the top of whistle bag so I never forget them!

Back