A&H

Referee Misconduct form wrong - What happens next?

Exactly right, which has thrown us as one red card incident was the reason the spectator incident happened. We were unaware that these hadn't been submitted until the phone call had been made. The FA called us up and asked what happened, the moment I mentioned a card was shown they immediately stopped me and said 'can you just repeat that again?'. After that, they asked me to tell them about any other yellow/reds I saw during the game

The referee in question needs to take an enforced break from his duties......but....

It doesn't mean that he isn't factually correct in how he has reported the spectator incident.....the fact that the player was in the process of committing another misconduct offence doesn't mitigate the spectators actions.

With 8-10 players/spectators fighting.....I cannot believe the game wasn't abandoned!

The Referee Store
The referee in question needs to take an enforced break from his duties......but....

It doesn't mean that he isn't factually correct in how he has reported the spectator incident.....the fact that the player was in the process of committing another misconduct offence doesn't mitigate the spectators actions.

With 8-10 players/spectators fighting.....I cannot believe the game wasn't abandoned!

The report he put in was factually correct as an isolated incident which is why we have no plan to appeal, but after the FA contacted me asking who he was and why he did it, they realised that a lot more had gone on.

I spoke to him after and asked him that very same question. The scenario was our side required a win to win the league, the score was 3-3 with 5 minutes to play and he knew that if he were to abandon the game, that result would have stood so he let it disperse for the sake of the contest. We went on and won so we owe him in that sense!

But it does cast doubt on the reliability of his report I'd have thought?

I haven't had do to a misconduct so I could be wrong but if this ref did put through the cards then wouldn't the contents of the misconduct itself be fine? The red cards etc don't really have anything to do with the misconduct. Spectator ran on the field and started fighting a player. Isn't that the whole situation as far as the FA are concerned? The misconduct is no better or worse for the card situation is it?

Of course not putting the cards in at all is very bad and should be punished. Also not sure I'm happy with him not abandoning the match because it suited one team to continue. Sounds like your colleague is in need of some coaching.

I wouldn't hang him out to dry until it is confirmed that he didn't submit the red cards, and I can't for the life of me understand why a referee would go onto WGS to enter an extraordinary incident but not put the red cards in at the same time.

Sometimes WGS, or the people administering received reports, mess up. I got contacted about a missing send off report and had to produce my PDF acknowledgement to show I had completed it. I did my bit, and once I've clicked submit that's my job done. What something or someone does with, or doesn't do with it, after that is none of my concern.

Who & what were the 3 red cards for?

1 for second yellow, 2 for VC (1 was for the spectator).

I wouldn't hang him out to dry until it is confirmed that he didn't submit the red cards, and I can't for the life of me understand why a referee would go onto WGS to enter an extraordinary incident but not put the red cards in at the same time.

Sometimes WGS, or the people administering received reports, mess up. I got contacted about a missing send off report and had to produce my PDF acknowledgement to show I had completed it. I did my bit, and once I've clicked submit that's my job done. What something or someone does with, or doesn't do with it, after that is none of my concern.

Completely agree, mistakes can be made. We haven't accused the ref of not submitting them, just answered the questions the FA have asked about that match.

1 for second yellow, 2 for VC (1 was for the spectator).

Completely agree, mistakes can be made. We haven't accused the ref of not submitting them, just answered the questions the FA have asked about that match.
For the spectator? Even if he is a player, he shouldn't have been shown a red card unless he was listed on the team sheet. If I were hearing this story on a disciplinary committee, I'd be starting to have serious concerns about the referees grasp of the laws at this point....

Ha. With all due respect to the OP there are holes in this story that either will turn out to be not true or this game and ref are a farce.

Red Card for spectators could be a new law change ;-)....offinabus stats going way up.

Ha. With all due respect to the OP there are holes in this story that either will turn out to be not true or this game and ref are a farce.

Red Card for spectators could be a new law change ;-)....offinabus stats going way up.

It's as far-fetched as it sounds .... trust me.

Back