A&H

Referee kits

Gavin Chilton

Level 3 Referee
Hi guys, I have spoke to a few referees about kits and most of them prefer to wear a tight fitting kit.
Personally it doesn't bother me but what do you guys wear and any reasons???

A&H International
I like a tight top. After what I've eaten over the last few days I think it might be tighter!!
I have the diamond kit. So nice to wear.

What are those diamond kits like?? I have never seen anyone with them on apart from on the tele. I have the new legea kit and it is quick comfortable

Don't think the diamond kit would fit me! Not made for the more rotund shape! :)

I'm a big fan of the Umbro Wembley and respect kits though

Haha Ross... if Phil Dowd can pull it off I'm sure you can. I've had to size up on my Diamond top recently due to excessive weight training (chocolate to mouth)

I've got 2 Diamond kits and a Respect kit as a spare, I prefer the Diamond kits because to me they are more comfortable. Diamond kits are tighter fitting.
Its all down to personal preference. If you're comfortable and look professional on the pitch what does it matter which kit you have?

Totally agree mate if you look professional and set a example to the player on the field then the kit is right for you.
I spoke to a referee this morning and he said the reason that referees are wearing tight fitting kits because at the moment there is a new tread with the premier league officials that if you look at most of them, their kits are tight fitting.

does anyone agree with that??

Personally I don't like tight fitting kits, I get too much attention off the girls ;) Jokes aside, I like a lose fitting kit as I'm only 16 buying a tight kit may not work as I could grow out of it and have to spend money that I don't want to spend on new shirts, shorts etc... I have 2 kits, 2010WC Adidas kit (Used in school games and as a back up) and the Welsh Premier legea kit which I generally use most of the time as it is the official Welsh kit I believe but they're all loose fitting, the only tight fitting things I have are my thermals.

The CSA recently changed from Adidas to Umbro so I've got the Premier League 2011 kit (three shirts), the Adidas WC 2010 kit (six shirts), and now I'm about to shell out 90 CAD on two new Umbro 'national' kits (2 shirts) as per CSA directives... In the last five years, I reckon I've spent 400 CAD on kits alone.

I havent got any referee kit yet. I have got my referee exam in 2 weeks. The tutor advised that I should buy from the RA shop. What do you guys think? Is it worth investing in something a bit more expensive?

The RA shop is good for starters, I would imagine that a basic RA shirt (or equivalent) is what most referee's start out with. The RA also have the more premium kit which although (in my opinion) doesn't look as great as Umbro/Adidas etc, does the job just as well.

Personally, I would go for the basic bundle that they offer (kit, whistle, lanyard, book, cards) to get you started. It is great for getting into the game and is everything you need to start off and find out if being the next Howard Webb is your thing :)

Speaking of 'skin-tight', remember when the Respect first came out, and everybody though it would be/was skin tight?!

How things have changed!

Back