A&H

Referee Kit

The Referee Store
If you are just starting out, Ask your local association if the members have any kit they no longer use. Then you'd be in a position to start getting games under your belt

Does anywhere sell women's fitting referees kit? Also what watch does everyone recommend
Thanks

Does anywhere sell women's fitting referees kit? Also what watch does everyone recommend
Thanks
Can't help you on the kit, but I'd certainly advise you not to go crazy with watches if you're just starting out - two cheap casio's will do to start. Make sure you don't set them counting down to an audible alarm, as this will cause you trouble when the 45 mins is up and you still want to play injury time!

And then once you've got a bit more experience and are sure this is for you, you can look at replacing one of them with a smartwatch/distance tracker, or a fancy referee's watch with vibration alarms and two independent countdowns.

Thanks for the reply. I've done this for a month now and I am hoping to take this far and make a career out of it. Been attending lots of RA meetings and development courses etc. And already been told I'm being pushed for promotion to level 6. Not purchasing anything yet but with promotion on the cards and wanting to develop and progress just gaining knowledge and recommendations for future.

Thanks for the reply. I've done this for a month now and I am hoping to take this far and make a career out of it. Been attending lots of RA meetings and development courses etc. And already been told I'm being pushed for promotion to level 6. Not purchasing anything yet but with promotion on the cards and wanting to develop and progress just gaining knowledge and recommendations for future.
Hi, I was just wondering whether you were going to the female referee thing a t St georges park on the 19th Feb?

Be careful with burnout. Go with the pace you are comfortable with not the one you are being pushed to. With shortage of female referees, I have seem a burned out referee or two who were pushed too fast too quick.

Can't help you on the kit, but I'd certainly advise you not to go crazy with watches if you're just starting out - two cheap casio's will do to start. Make sure you don't set them counting down to an audible alarm, as this will cause you trouble when the 45 mins is up and you still want to play injury time!

And then once you've got a bit more experience and are sure this is for you, you can look at replacing one of them with a smartwatch/distance tracker, or a fancy referee's watch with vibration alarms and two independent countdowns.
some really good advice in there lucy

Be careful with burnout. Go with the pace you are comfortable with not the one you are being pushed to. With shortage of female referees, I have seem a burned out referee or two who were pushed too fast too quick.
I'll keep it in mind
Thanks. I want to go for promotion just wasn't expecting It so quickly. But it's a honour and privilege and amazing to be asked so soon must be something right.

As some have recommended go at your own pace not the CFA's pace and also please remember that you must've refereed for a minimum of 1 full season before you can apply for promotion good luck though for when you are able to apply

I'm looking at buying some kit. I'm covered for my game on Sunday but I want to order some of my own.

Where do you guys order from? I'm finding it pretty difficult to find some decent stuff without breaking the bank too much. Even the SFA websites referee shop, most of the stuff is sold out.

Also, how many kits are really required? Is it just really the colour of shirt that needs to be changed when colours clash?

Last edited:
I'm looking at buying some kit. I'm covered for my game on Sunday but I want to order some of my own.

Where do you guys order from? I'm finding it pretty difficult to find some decent stuff without breaking the bank too much. Even the SFA websites referee shop, most of the stuff is sold out.

Also, how many kits are really required? Is it just really the colour of shirt that needs to be changed when colours clash?

Ebay has numerous simple tops
Scotland is top, black socks, black shorts

what association are you in i know in ayrshire we have a kit bank. and yes just change the colour of your shirt

Back