A&H

Referee ID Cards

My local junior league in Sheffield (SDJSFL) have introduced referee ID cards for the upcoming season, after trying to implement them for a portion of last season. Referees are expected to present these cards at each match they officiate in for the league, in an attempt to reduce numbres of non-qualified referees.

Full story:

2jz6t3.png

What are everyones thoughts on this? I for one am an advocate of them; I think they can only be a good thing

The Referee Store
a) hope not with photo's (I;m pretty distinctive without the need for a photo!)

b) are "valid licenced" referee details not all in the league / FA handbook? If your name's not down you're not playing.

A good use of our subs ? Will see what the outcome is at Conference.

Really don't see the point! 'Oh sorry guys forgot my card at home were going to have to postpone kick off by an hour as I live an hour away'....

End of half-time...

IT"S DARK...

Game abandoned...

Why on earth would someone fake being a referee! Down here if a match has no official clubs are entitled to appoint a non-qualified referee as long as both clubs consent to the appointments officer

a) hope not with photo's (I;m pretty distinctive without the need for a photo!)

To on then, I'll bite - How so distinctive looking?

Seems like a pretty decent idea to me. Sounds like it is getting results also

I just got the same email Adam, as long as the picture gets my good side (ie. the back of my head) I'll be fine with it. I think it's a good idea.

The reason I think it is being used is to make sure that people who claim to be refs are refs and not other types of people that may like to watch kids play football ...

There's a case for guaranteeing who a referee is when officiating children or vulnerable people isn't there?

Since 1996 Oxfordshire have identified 3 registered referees (pre CRB check era) who've previously committed offences against children, 1 of whom is now serving life imprisonment for later offences.

I think it's a good idea. Your ID card can verify you're who you say you are, and maybe that your CRB (or whatever it is now) is all up to date and in order.

He's not Australian is he?

Distinctive - with ginger sidies the size and colour of mine, can't miss me. If anyone reading this is at conference I dare you to miss me!

Reactions: SM
I cannot understand how a non-qualified, non-registered referee would be appointed?

I cannot understand how a non-qualified, non-registered referee would be appointed?

The point is he wouldn't be appointed! But someone who has 'interests other than refereeing' may pretend to have been appointed in order to gain access to the children.

In the Sheffield boys league, referees aren't appointed, the home team manager arranges a ref. it's a really stupid system IMO. That's why an unregistered, unqualified ref can quite easily find a game.

Can't see the issue really, chuck it in your kit bag, if someone wants to see then show them, if they don't it stays with all your other crap in your bag that doesnt get touched.

Simples

Back