A&H

Referee County Development Program

IrkRef

lkref
Got an email from the county today saying they'd been hearing good things about me and I was being recommended for the County Development Program, has anybody ever been on this before? Sounds fun but was just wondering what exactly it entails! Cheers!

The Referee Store
I know lads that are in a development group at BCFA (I assume it's the same thing you're on about) from what I've heard though, you have to officiate open age football to be part of it. My name got put forward for this season but I haven't stared OA football yet. From what I've heard, there's some cracking opportunities that come from it though!

I'm part of the academy up here in Westmorland (assume it's the same thing)... We sign up to attend all development meetings, and academy meetings unless we have good excuse... Requires more commitment but is well worth it!! Gets your name known more around the county and opens up opportunities if you do well. For example I've since been put forward for the national young referees development programme, and into the north west regional referees development group which is headed by Anthony Taylor...

If you're willing for a bit more work, for a hell of a lot of game, then I would definitely say go for it!!

And you can say no to the county still, just make sure you do it on good terms and are willing to give something back in return... For example I turned down AR on the biggest game in the county... But I did it on good terms, in person and made sure that next time the boss wanted a favour I was first to say yes... This 'having your balls cut off' rubbish is exactly that... Rubbish

Well you're no oil painting yourself, brian

Interpret it how you will but it ain't jealousy, i assure you :eek:

Back