A&H

Referee Camera...

The Referee Store
Watching that , from a distance , makes you wonder why you bother ,

Don't you think ??

We are a special bunch :confused:

This has been all over my Facebook lately. A few interesting points for me, and I will caveat with what I'm saying with th fact he must be a good official to be given the game and the camera to record -

• Interesting the distance he is from the incident, especially reading on another thread on here the number who'd try and get in the middle of things.
  • I like how you see his head turning all the time keeping track of players. I often feel as officials I try and do things on the sly like I want to give the impression I know EVERYTHING that is going on. But I won't feel as bad keeping track of things a bit more now.
  • I don't think he should be saying please to the players to get in their own half. I just think sometimes as authority figures we don't have to be nice and polite about it and this is one of those instances. I'll saying please if I'm asking for a free kick to be moved etc, and thank them. But this is the ref acting to do the red players a favour and keep them from more trouble. So I don't think I'd be saying please.
  • I think he dealt with it well, and is a good example of what we can face ona regular basis. Are ting on top of an incident, keeping tabs of action to be taken while having players coming at him all the time.

Why did he walk towards the incident? The speccys got there before refcam boy. Running at full pelt towards that with a red card held high might have calmed things down

Why bother with the 4 minutes.

Why not abandon the match, send in misconduct on both teams and let their f.a. deal with them

Was this for real or staged do we think?

I can't decide

He dealt with it well imo. One extra thing though, I would be looking to send off the sub who came on and threw a punch or two right in front of the ref.

Him saying "yes please" got on my thruppenny bits more than a little. Might be a colloquialism.

He did alright with it. Got 2 offenders but missed the sub getting involved. I would be abandoning myself, report it all. When people off the pitch get involved, see ya, I'm out of there.

I would be interested if this was the inky incident during the game as seems unlikely.

Id like a head cam like they have in Rugby League so i can review games later on and see where i could have done better and what points i can improve on, it would be great for refereeing development IMO.

Interestingly, sorry if slightly off-topic, but ive always considered wearing Google Glass to a match one day, just so I can reply some of the 'classic' decisions that ive got right that got the most stick.

Might be a super successful YouTube channel - as I dont know of any other ref Google Glass'ing it at the moment.

However, would I need to get all the players to sign consent forms?

Good luck getting permission to wearing a camera for a game :confused:

Good luck getting permission to wearing a camera for a game :confused:
I reckon this could be quite easy for adult games. If I just introduced myself, explained it was for learning/educational purposes (as I doubt I would turn it into a globally successful YouTube channel), I cant imagine anyone saying no.

I bet it would actually make a few players calm the fudge down!

Players may be fine with it, but not sure the CFA's and FA would be too pleased!

I don't know if all players would be fine with it. Some players know they behave badly...

Players may be fine with it, but not sure the CFA's and FA would be too pleased!
Really? Seems a little old fashioned of them if that were to be the case. No offence to the powers that be, but its a modern age and first hand footage could help in *so* many ways, ive lost count just running it through my head in the time its taken me to type this!

Might have to throw this out there at the next meeting, or drop an email to some higher ups... Just to test the water.

You must rem if you send someone off the footage can and will be requested by the CFA as evidence if they appeal.

The powers that be in football, a near Luddite utopia!

Last edited:
Reactions: SM
Back