A&H

Referee Assault..... what would you do?

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
Just read an article in my local paper about a referee being assaulted by a player (bookings galore too), police were called the F.A. are involved and i'm sure the guilty party would be punished... But the team involved is based but a mile or so from me so i'm sure i will be appointed to one/some of their home matches.. i am currently debating whether too boycott any appointments for them in the wake of the violence(including away matches).. What would you do???

The Referee Store
I'd suggest having a quiet chat with your appointment secretary about your concerns and see what they have to say about the matter. They might have a view on how they will appoint for that team in the near future.

I'd suggest having a quiet chat with your appointment secretary about your concerns and see what they have to say about the matter. They might have a view on how they will appoint for that team in the near future.
Absolutley.... doesn't bother me refereeing a team with disciplinary issues, just (IMO) a point to be made and not really wanting to be put in that scenairio.....

I did a team at the beginning of last season, gave them 3 reds and 5 yellows.
Spoke to the referee's secretary and told him that I was not doing these morons again and he was fine.

Back