A&H

Referee Apology

The Referee Store
Even with a video replay I wouldn't be making an apology for awarding a penalty here. I do not like that tackle, contact or not. Poor simulation from the attacker though.

It was pretty convincing in real time to be fair.

Vidal should be the one making apologies - firstly for cheating, secondly for the fact that despite sharing a name with a hairdressing legend, he has consistently sported the most ridiculous barnets.

Like Vidal I would have been moving my ankle away from those studs flying in. No dive, Pen peeeep

i like the fact that he's apologised but at the same time kinda justifies his decision based on what he saw.
he says he was in a good position and saw contact.... i presume its only after the event with the help of multiple replays that he's realised there was none

i like the fact that he's apologised but at the same time kinda justifies his decision based on what he saw.
he says he was in a good position and saw contact.... i presume its only after the event with the help of multiple replays that he's realised there was none

There doesn't need to be contact for it to be a foul though. There was enough in this tackle for a penalty and a yellow card. I remember on a supply league game last season I spoke to a player for a foul tackle with no contact. The assessor questioned why I had spoken to the player to which I replied "if there had been contact I would have issued a card and I'm not sure if it would have been yellow or red". Mr assessor said "well, it would have been red". "WELL THAT'S WHY I GAVE A FREE KICK AND SPOKE TO HIM!"

There doesn't need to be contact for it to be a foul though. There was enough in this tackle for a penalty and a yellow card. I remember on a supply league game last season I spoke to a player for a foul tackle with no contact. The assessor questioned why I had spoken to the player to which I replied "if there had been contact I would have issued a card and I'm not sure if it would have been yellow or red". Mr assessor said "well, it would have been red". "WELL THAT'S WHY I GAVE A FREE KICK AND SPOKE TO HIM!"

"So...what you're saying is....I was right."

Last edited:
I got called a silly sausage by a player lol

admittedly, I did point for a corner when I meant goal kick ... apologised, corrected my self and had a chuckle ... midfielder then jogged past with a 'you silly sausage ref!' :p

Back