A&H

Referee Academy

Jack M

Level 6 Referee
Hi all,
I have just been added to the Referee Academy list in my County and was wondering what sort of things happen at an academy. Do you have to attend different things etc. I know that we get given games at Colchester United's training centre at Florence Park, Tiptree more easily than most refs but is there more things to it than that?

The Referee Store
In our County we ref on games for Shrewsbury Town academy and we have a meeting every few months. These meetings can be indoor lessons or outdoor exercises normally depending on the weather but they are all aimed at improving a certain aspect of your reffing

You will get a lot of support to aid your development as a referee and may find yourself selected to work as an assistant to more senior referees. You are also likely to be selected to referee/assist at a local professional club for their junior teams (U10 to U18). There is also an expectation that you will become better organised and offer a higher level of commitment to refereeing in return for this extra support. Final point, you may be in the running for selection for assignment to an overseas tournament dependent on performance across the season.

Back