A&H

Referee academies

jack.prescott

Work hard, stay humble
Level 6 Referee
Anyone know what the county refereeing academies involve, I've been informed that my name has been out forward to be on the list for next season

The Referee Store
It does differ from county to county, The referee academy I am in involves getting regular appointments and Norwich city academy and Norwich city girls centre of excellence, plus at every match we get mentored and afterwards have to submit a self analysis, once we send that off we then receive a mentor report.

Similar to Ryan, we do self assessments and get mentored on games at Bristol Rovers and Bristol City. We also have a few training sessions where we practise (and get free stuff!). Overall it's great experience

Unlucky :( We get all the free whistles, flags and cards we could hope for! + a free nike polo and apparently a tracksuit soon :D

Alright for some, we are apparently going to be running a summer tournament to fundraise for a kit each so we all have the same one plus some warm up gear

All this free stuff? I wish! We did get a polo, but the rest is up to us to buy.

We get games at Manchester United, Manchester City and Rochdale FC too.

Fortnightly meetings, and fortnightly physical training sessions (fitness based).

We get all the free whistles, flags and cards we could hope for!

Maybe, you could get a few more freebies and distribute them around the site, to those less fortunate who do not get such privileges...;);):rolleyes:

Maybe I could try ;) Sounds like you've got quite a good system up there, I'd like to have training sessions more regularly - and the games you get sound a wee bit better than ours (not that I've got a tough life either)! Until, of course, they demote you to Rochdale after Fergie 'disagrees' with your performance :p :D

We aren't quite pampered, though, and I have bought all the stuff besides what we get at events!

Haha!:)

They are 'different' appointments with regards to Rochdale and the two Manchester clubs. E.g. the other weekend I had a Utd U11 game Sat Morning, then Sun Morning I was on Rochdale U16 line. The meetings and trainings are good too:)

Yes definitely - invaluable support and great games to referee compared to normal leagues. Also great experience to practise working with NARs

Awesome, just wanted to know what to expect if I get on next year.

Chuffed that my names been nominated and getting on the list would make it even better

Do they have any academies for 55 year old referees or is it just the retirement homes ? :)

London are very much the same with the referee academies at Club academies.

We get mentored (whether you are in the middle or in the line) and get given feedback, etc.

I personally think the referee academies are excellent. They are, and continue to be very beneficial to me and my development, especially as I aspire and have ambitions of reaching the top of the Refereeing Ladder.

Back