A&H

Ref vs. NAR

pretty crap man-management though, you have to admit

and why on earth do you imagine that anyone would try to screw you over - is the race to the top really that desperate in new brunswick

It's only crap if it doesn't work.

The Referee Store
hawain
You can lead a horse to water but cannot make it drink

Ryan see last post some things are pointless

Straw poll required
Ref. Right

Nar. Right

This may sort it democratically

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, can't help thinking that you've misunderstood my last post if you think that the 'straw poll' is about who was right, the ref or the nar. the question should,of course, be something along the lines of 'is it right to 'bollock' a refereeing colleague for making a mistake, yes or no'

other points

do you really include telling an assistant referee not to allow an injured player back onto the pitch in your pre-match briefing?

are you really suggesting that a mistake made by an assistant referee could affect your assessment mark? surely the way that you manage the error is what the assessor would be interested in?

as for the 'hobby' comment, i heard that from an assessor co-ordinator at the Sussex County F.A. with many years experience. Are you really that arrogant that you would tell him to stick to kid's games?

haywain your right its not about who's right who's wrong but by the Nar allowing the player to go on to the fop without the refs knowledge thus giving the ref the opportunity to caution the player for re-entering the fop without his permission .
as for the assessor they will pick you up for all mistakes caused by yourself as the referee or your assistants the higher you go up the ladder,
I were on a central midlands snr line semi-final t week and correctly gave a decision but it was what's called in the refs area not the asst even though it was correct the supply league assessor suggested I should not give it or attempt to.
what they are saying is that less is more.
the hobby comment mmmm maybe but as I suggest the higher you go the more is expected of all officials
shall we draw a line under this now :)

Just a quick question mike, as a level 5 from the midlands which leagues to you officiate on?

notts senior league central midlands and east midland counties friend of mine Darren smith referees in birmingham

I too agree with Haywain in the most part here! A bollocking would do nothing as the incident has already happened and would only lose you respect from the two assistants. However I don't think it should be swept under the carpet. Perhaps you could calmly open up a friendly debrief of the incident. What made the assistant do it? Is there any thing I as the referee could have done or added to my pre-match to avoid such an occurrence?

I agree with @Ryan Owens that it does depend on the level of football as in the higher leagues where markings are far harsher such a slip up could make the difference between promotion or not. However a 'bollocking' to a colleague will never benefit anyone at any level.

Back