A&H

Ref Kit Recommendations

SpecsSaver66

I am in need of a whole new ref's kit and I am looking for recommendations. The shirt is the priority as my last one is a 15 year old Pro-Star top in Large. Amazingly I can still get in it after a 10 year hiatus,but it doesnt really fit as such. I am an XL in casual tee shirts,hoodies and such and a 38 inch waist in trousers. I dont want a 'figure hugging' brand and I am more traditional with colour or black basically. What would you recommend and where to buy it from?
Many thanks.

The Referee Store
I am in need of a whole new ref's kit and I am looking for recommendations. The shirt is the priority as my last one is a 15 year old Pro-Star top in Large. Amazingly I can still get in it after a 10 year hiatus,but it doesnt really fit as such. I am an XL in casual tee shirts,hoodies and such and a 38 inch waist in trousers. I dont want a 'figure hugging' brand and I am more traditional with colour or black basically. What would you recommend and where to buy it from?
Many thanks.
Hi @SpecsSaver66,

Just to put our two pence in, we stock Nike as well as a cheaper kit, in Kelme.
You'll be able to see the sizings on the product pages.
www.TheRefereeStore.co.uk/pages/match-kit
Or just click on our advertisement below your first post.
Hope this helps

No, the Nike kits are not figure hugging, but I guess that does in part depend on what your figure is! If you're shaped like a whale then you may struggle. As a more mature, non athletic (although not overweight) gent I find the Nike fine.

Last edited:
No, the Nike kits are not figure hugging, but I guess that does in part depend on what your figure is! If you're shaped like a whale then you may struggle. As a more mature, non athletic (although not overweight) gent I find the Nike fine.
Thanks.That has allayed my fears. My online problem is 'love handles' as I have a fairly flat stomach so all is good if I aim for Nike kits.

Thanks.That has allayed my fears. My online problem is 'love handles' as I have a fairly flat stomach so all is good if I aim for Nike kits.
If you're lucky you might be able to find the current kit on sale as it is being discontinued at the end of the season

Nike often worth going up a size in my experience, especially to reduce chafing if you use the shirt pockets. I keep a yellow and red for the second caution up there.

Nike often worth going up a size in my experience, especially to reduce chafing if you use the shirt pockets. I keep a yellow and red for the second caution up there.
Thanks mate. I usually wear adidas generally so I suspected a smaller fit. May go xxl because I am quite broad shouldered too. I prefer baggier clothes in general.

I find the Nike kits are quite figure hugging. The current shorts are awful and built for people with twig legs. I find Adidad short better. The current ones have a black discreet logo on the back of the leg so you can mix them up if like me you're one of them that likes everything to be a bit matchy matchy

Back