A&H

Ref , he called me a ...

Darren83

In my game this afternoon there was a commotion for want of a better way of describing as player A allegedly called player B a queer. I dont know as it was behind me and there's no assistants so I calmed the situation and play continues. Later in the game player B deliberately elbows player A in the side of the head so player B is sent off.

Theres no doubt that the red card for violent conduct was correct however I'm unsure as to what should have happened in the first incident. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and what would you have done if it was in your game

👍👍

The Referee Store
If I'd heard it, I would have have sent off. If you didn't hear then that's harder. I'd be keeping an ear out though...

This should be reported as an extraordinary incident to the cfa. Ideally you need to speak with both teams/players at the time and at the end of the game to confirm that an allegation of discriminatory language has been made, you haven't heard it but will HD reporting it. You then should take statements from both players to submit as well.

There is a defined procedure for this however unsure what the process is if you don't do the first bit at the time and post match.

Really you should tell the player that reported it that you didn't hear it but would be reporting his allegation to the CFA after the game. Once the game ends ask him, with a team official present, exactly what was said and make a note of it. Then tell the player he accused, again with a team official, that you will be reporting the alleged comments to the CFA.

I had it in a game last season, problem was even though the accusing player said he would come and see us in the changing room after the game he never did, so I had to just report based on what he had told me at the time. Then when we spoke to the accused player he gave a name that wasn't on the team sheet, all ended up a bit of a mess.

If you don't report it and the club / player does you could find yourself in hot water, so put an extraordinary incident in ASAP.

In my game this afternoon there was a commotion for want of a better way of describing as player A allegedly called player B a queer. I dont know as it was behind me and there's no assistants so I calmed the situation and play continues. Later in the game player B deliberately elbows player A in the side of the head so player B is sent off.

Theres no doubt that the red card for violent conduct was correct however I'm unsure as to what should have happened in the first incident. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and what would you have done if it was in your game

👍👍
Became a ref after being player B (called a spastic, sent off for shoving them, ref did NOT report my allegation to the CFA after)

Please always report things like this, it can make people want to stop playing the game

Edited: Player B not Player A!

Last edited:
Became a ref after being player A (called a spastic, sent off for shoving them, ref did NOT report my allegation to the CFA after)

Please always report things like this, it can make people want to stop playing the game
Slightly confused. You were called the derogatory term and then shoved the other player and got sent off?

In the OP, Player A was the one that said the derogatory term.

Back