A&H

Ref course

bmace3

Hi all,
Just booked onto a ref course with Lincs FA, doing it to ref games for my lads under 10 team. Just a quick one, will I be able to register for Sheffield Hallam FA where his league is run by even if I did the course in Lincolnshire (and live in Notts!)

also, is there a place to buy some gear at the course venue?
Just going through all the online modules now, looking forward to it.

thanks

The Referee Store
Your County FA is decided by your registered address. It is based on the pre1974 county boundaries.

If you live in Notts, then you will be registered with Notts FA. You don't have an option where you want to register.

No the CFA don't sell kits. There are various online sites where you can buy it from. Others will give recommendations where get what you want.

Your County FA is decided by your registered address. It is based on the pre1974 county boundaries.

If you live in Notts, then you will be registered with Notts FA. You don't have an option where you want to register.
Thank you for this. Much appreciated. It’s a tough one, I live on the border of 3 boundaries so a lot of mixes in leagues. Used to play in a Lincolnshire league but play in the Notts cup

Thank you for this. Much appreciated. It’s a tough one, I live on the border of 3 boundaries so a lot of mixes in leagues. Used to play in a Lincolnshire league but play in the Notts cup
You can ref ant league irrespective of County.
My old FA was either Cheshire or Liverpool FA but whatever county you were registered with didn't affect the leagues you reffed.
It only affects county Cup appointments, but as you are so close to multiple you will have a parent county but can associate with the other FAs as well.

You can ref ant league irrespective of County.
My old FA was either Cheshire or Liverpool FA but whatever county you were registered with didn't affect the leagues you reffed.
It only affects county Cup appointments, but as you are so close to multiple you will have a parent county but can associate with the other FAs as well.
Thank you! I’ll only be doing my lads games at the minute as I’m still playing myself. Always a potential to ref adult games when I’m done though.

Hi all,
Just booked onto a ref course with Lincs FA, doing it to ref games for my lads under 10 team. Just a quick one, will I be able to register for Sheffield Hallam FA where his league is run by even if I did the course in Lincolnshire (and live in Notts!)

also, is there a place to buy some gear at the course venue?
Just going through all the online modules now, looking forward to it.

thanks

I registered with Derbyshire but they were unable to find me qualifying games once I completed my course so I found my own in Sheffield & Hallamshire and then transferred over to them as that's where my games were. Anyone who knows own the area knows how many county borders there are and the proximity of so many different cities. Even as a level 7 I was doing games in Doncaster, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Retford etc, it's a big area!

I didn't do too many junior games but I can pass you the details of the Ref Secretary for the S&H junior league if you don't already have it (I believe it'd the biggest youth football league in the country). Simon will be delighted to welcome a new referee to the league. If you go on their website then you will see how to get your ID card which you will need for officiating in the league.

I registered with Derbyshire but they were unable to find me qualifying games once I completed my course so I found my own in Sheffield & Hallamshire and then transferred over to them as that's where my games were. Anyone who knows own the area knows how many county borders there are and the proximity of so many different cities. Even as a level 7 I was doing games in Doncaster, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Retford etc, it's a big area!

I didn't do too many junior games but I can pass you the details of the Ref Secretary for the S&H junior league if you don't already have it (I believe it'd the biggest youth football league in the country). Simon will be delighted to welcome a new referee to the league. If you go on their website then you will see how to get your ID card which you will need for officiating in the league.
That would be brilliant thank you! Yeah it is a strange area for borders. You’ve probably referred me looking at where you’d reffed 😂. We played once at a pitch near Hull which was just in the border then the following week near Leicester in the county cup. Big area.

Back