A&H

Ref assault

Refollie

Level 5 Referee
I’ve been umming and ahhing about posting this as I don’t really feel the need to discuss it massively, but given all the discussion about abuse in recent days…

Unfortunately after 16 years of refereeing I was assaulted for the first time last week. Nothing major and no harm done… a player grabbed me by the collar and threatened various things after I sent off his team mate for violent conduct. It was a friendly and the team involved were vets. The captain declined to give me the name of the offender as I abandoned the match and left, but the CFA are handling all that now. No apology from the team involved whatsoever.

I’m fine, took last weekend off and will be back out there this weekend. Although if he is not banned for quite a long time I will be less fine!

The Referee Store
a player grabbed me by the collar and threatened various things after I sent off his team mate
Some members here 'can see' why he did it. Of course I am not serious.

You sound like a tough cookie and will keep going. My approach is, if his actions impacts me he is going to get a bit of a win of it. Don't give him any.

Back