A&H

Red or Yellow?

Essex ref

IDFK awarded for offside, kick is taken , keeper trips over and player dives to deliberately handle the ball stopping it from entering the net. The ball hasn't hit anyone on the way so wouldn't have counted if it had gone in. Red or yellow?

The Referee Store
So whats the restart then? (I'm having a mare with myself trying to get it right, is it as simple as it seems?)

Penalty kick and a yellow card. Can't dismiss for DOGSO, as unless its touched beforehand it can't be a goal.

If you've stopped play for any reason then you have to restart play with the restart following the reason for the stoppage in play regardless of what goes on after the play has stopped. So in this incident you would have to restart with the original IDFK

But the only reason for stopping the game is because the defender has committed an offence. After the keeper kicked it surely the ball is legally in play? If the defender then handles the ball you would restart following the hand ball.

Would depend on whether offside was in box. If in box then still has to leave box till back in play, so if it has not been kicked out of the box, then just a retake.

Some ambiguity in the OP but I have read this as the keeper and defender being on the opposite team to the the one taking the kick. Restart here would indeed be Penalty.

Yeah having read it again you would either have to give penalty or retake depending on where the kick was taken from. If it was taken inside the box then the ball is not back in play until it leave the penalty area so it would be a retake. Otherwise penalty but definitely no red card as he technically has not disallowed a goal.

Back