A&H

Red or Yellow (seems to be a theme here in Championship)

The Referee Store
That's yellow, nowhere near enough force to be red. No difference at all between the force used by the red 7 on black 2 as there was the other way around.

He’s not been the same since he was meggsed at Hillsborough by David Brooks. Yellow for me too...

I’d say yellow. I don’t think he intended to push him over the board and it isn’t VC

Is it only me or can anyone else see and edited clip to take about a second out (no doubt to hide something). How could someone end up flying like that with a gentle touch?

EDIT: Must have been my flaky phone. Watching it again on my laptop it is not edited. A nice big shove there.

Last edited:
I'd be happy with red. The consequence of this action could have been equivalent to that of the defined criteria for VC. Action and consequence shouldn't be divorced

Reactions: one
I'd be happy with red. The consequence of this action could have been equivalent to that of the defined criteria for VC. Action and consequence shouldn't be divorced
Agree. Everything within context. Shove someone mid-pitch, its unsporting, shove someone into the post and they bang their head against the post, its violet. Shove someone into the advertising sign like OP, it is/can be violent. Although in OP I don't think he meant that consequence. It all depended if you bring intent into it. I can see this both ways.

I get annoyed with referees taking no action against players who do the initial shove as the ball goes out. Just a word and something more serious if it happens again. However, the push over the barriers is dangerous and although the push wasn't with great force, the player should have realised that any push could result in a serious incident as the player had nowhere to go other than over the barrier. IMHO it's a red card.

Agree. Everything within context. Shove someone mid-pitch, its unsporting, shove someone into the post and they bang their head against the post, its violet. Shove someone into the advertising sign like OP, it is/can be violent. Although in OP I don't think he meant that consequence. It all depended if you bring intent into it. I can see this both ways.
I don't think that was what was intended. Think it was more of a 'push me and I'll push you back'. In a way, the advertising board being there actually prevented it from escalating from pushes to more, with players piling in

I don't think that was what was intended. Think it was more of a 'push me and I'll push you back'. In a way, the advertising board being there actually prevented it from escalating from pushes to more, with players piling in

Not disagreeing he pushed him, but you surely have to take into consideration here that the red was running at full speed at an attempt to keep it in and the black stepped in his path to block a last gasp attempt so contact was inevitable. The reaction was not necessarily needed and subsequent fall over the hoardings not only endangered the players safety but any spectator on the other side.

Noticed how no official went to the red to see if he was ok. Not like he got straight up. It is concrete the other side of it.

I'd have no problem with red because of the area of the pitch and what it leads to.As mentioned, the context of the incident is important.

Back