A&H

Red for DOGSO or yellow?

The Referee Store
So frustrating now we’ve got a red. Awful challenge and was a stupid red for us. No debate about that one

So frustrating now we’ve got a red. Awful challenge and was a stupid red for us. No debate about that one
Yeh, I'm watching the game. I thought it was DOGSO in real time
Commentators spouting some drivel about how the ref must have thought it was a genuine attempt to win the ball :wall:

Yeh, I'm watching the game. I thought it was DOGSO in real time
Commentators spouting some drivel about how the ref must have thought it was a genuine attempt to win the ball :wall:
I was thinkinh the exact same😂 Been a frustrating game because Forest are so average, we’ve just given them an easy goal and a ridiculous red card🤦🏻‍♂️

I was thinkinh the exact same😂 Been a frustrating game because Forest are so average, we’ve just given them an easy goal and a ridiculous red card🤦🏻‍♂️
Any team in which Jack Colback starts regularly, must be average at best

I’m thinking red now but it’s definitely borderline. I could see the referee giving that both ways

I'm a Forest Fan and my first instinct was red. But after the way Leeds robbed a point against us in the reverse fixture, we deserved a bit of luck.

The Phillips tackle was a shocker and no doubt it was a straight red

Any team in which Jack Colback starts regularly, must be average at best

I've seen quite a lot of him and he's really good in front of the back 4. Covers a lot of ground and does a lot of the unsung, dirty work. He's a top end championship or a lower end Prem player from what I've seen.

Bit of doubt there regarding whether the covering defender gets back in time or not. In real time the ref is looking firstly for a foul and then having to scan across to see the other defenders and the ball etc and all from a much straighter view than the camera angle. Alot going on there and enough doubt with everything going on to produce the yellow. If he had his time again I wonder if the ref would've gone for the yellow instantly and pointed to the covering defender (perhaps after the AR communicating down the comms?). This refereeing job isn't easy is it.....

The following must be considered:
• distance between the offence and the goal - yep
• general direction of the play - yep
• likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball - hmmm
• location and number of defenders - yep

3 of 4 criteria satisfied and the only factor in the defender's favour was the degree of control exercised by the attacker. The ball was still bouncing above knee height. This was a KMI and the referee will have taken advice from his active AR. I still think, between them, they got it wrong.

As for Phillips later dismissal, nailed on.

I've seen quite a lot of him and he's really good in front of the back 4. Covers a lot of ground and does a lot of the unsung, dirty work. He's a top end championship or a lower end Prem player from what I've seen.

Average footballer but take him out of the team and you'll soon see why he's missed. His other midfielders will probably have deeper starting positions too because they know that shield has gone confront of the back 4 and the gaffer will alter their games to cover. That's why everyone in teams loves a proper dm

Back