A&H

Red Card Procedure

Does using these not mess with the caution procedure? Could you explain your process of cautioning a player please?
Of course. It doesn’t mess with procedure. Instead of writing in a notebook, I just award the foul, give a couple of short peeps of the whistle and pull out my yellow card. When they come to me, I pull the sharpie out of my top right shirt pocket and then ask their name and get their number. Tell them what they have done and then show the card.

A&H International
I'd like to put on record how we deal with dismissals on the field of play in our sport (we call them "ejections" or "disqualifications") - which I know is going to sound very weird as to how we do things.

Both teams are mandated pre-game to supply a full roster of their team - with numbers and names on them.

19.1 - In the event of a disqualifying foul:
  1. The official who has penalised the player to be disqualified accompanies the Referee to notify the Head Coach of the number of the player disqualified and the nature of the foul.
  2. When notifying the Head Coach, the recommended wording is "X just disqualified himself because ..." or "X is disqualified because ...", rather than "I am disqualifying X because ...".
  3. [REFEREE] If you called the foul, the wing official (Linesman or Line Judge) should accompany you.
  4. Another official (normally the opposite wing official) should inform the opposing Head Coach of the disqualification.
After this - we announce the penalty and the reason to the rest of the stadium.

I'd like to put on record how we deal with dismissals on the field of play in our sport (we call them "ejections" or "disqualifications") - which I know is going to sound very weird as to how we do things.

Both teams are mandated pre-game to supply a full roster of their team - with numbers and names on them.

19.1 - In the event of a disqualifying foul:
  1. The official who has penalised the player to be disqualified accompanies the Referee to notify the Head Coach of the number of the player disqualified and the nature of the foul.
  2. When notifying the Head Coach, the recommended wording is "X just disqualified himself because ..." or "X is disqualified because ...", rather than "I am disqualifying X because ...".
  3. [REFEREE] If you called the foul, the wing official (Linesman or Line Judge) should accompany you.
  4. Another official (normally the opposite wing official) should inform the opposing Head Coach of the disqualification.
After this - we announce the penalty and the reason to the rest of the stadium.
Re your point 4, are the coaches on opposite sides of the field of play?

Back