A&H

Red after the final whistle: perplexed players!

HertsFinest

Next Weeks Ref
All went so well today until the last few minutes!!!

2 players in the book for dissent from same team over a nothing decision. Nothing to even get angry about.

2nd player walked away from me until I said if he doesn't come now he will get two yellow and a red, to which he came over all aggressively saying "I might be deaf ref how do you know" to which I said clearly not" and he said "well I might be" (evident by this point he can hear clearly as he is responding yo my spoken questions) although my wry smile was lost on him as he tried to comprehend how I knew he could hear!

Final whistle blows and 3 seconds after this same player shouts "you're a f***ing to**er ref". Cue a straight red for OFFINABUS to add to his yellow. Followed by his 10 team mates completely bemused look cos " you can't send him off now ref!"

As I went to get my flag of their CAR this same player started to shout that same offensive phrase 4/5 times further so he has earnt himself and his team a misconduct too as the manager stood there and ignored what he was doing!

Roll on next week!

The Referee Store
Could you have used the captain with the caution? (If he is of any use) Made it clear that he was being booked for dissent and would be earn another caution with his actions?

Then if it works the next foul or thing if he hasn't dropped it just send him off?

I'm not sure that replying to a player in the manner you did would help the situation. When he's turned round he has listened to you, so just repeat the message name please then move on. By replying in the way you did you've just kept the debate alive, in my opinion.

Could you have used the captain with the caution? (If he is of any use) Made it clear that he was being booked for dissent and would be earn another caution with his actions?

Then if it works the next foul or thing if he hasn't dropped it just send him off?

I'm not sure that replying to a player in the manner you did would help the situation. When he's turned round he has listened to you, so just repeat the message name please then move on. By replying in the way you did you've just kept the debate alive, in my opinion.

That's my lack of detail in relaying it! "Clearly not name please fella." Was used along with numerous "name please"

Oh... And he WAS the captain!

In fairness the game didn't need managing or anything like that as it was very good bar the last incident and his dissent stopped until at the final whistle he decided to say what he did and earned a red. Nothing can be done to stop idiots being idiots.

Back