A&H

Rangers Vs Kilmarnock

Just to add to what you said but regarding this particular incident, if the player doesn't go down here then it gets brushed away, the referee missed the incident completely and the assistant sees this from behind, so if he doesn't go down the assistant doesn't see the foul therefore the GK gets away with violent conduct, the reaction itself may be down to surprise because I'm sure if you were standing beside someone waiting for the ball coming in then instead get an elbow to the face you'd be a little surprised.

(not condoning players acting injured however sometimes going down highlights the foul that wouldn't otherwise be given, I'm sure people have been in a position where you've hesitated to give something because the player has stayed on his/her feet)

I certainly have. 2 weeks ago a gave a pen when the striker stayed on hisnfeet but there was clear contact and it caused the striker to stumble when he was about to shoot. I gave the pen (I usually avoid giving pens if the attacker doesn't go down unless it's really blatant like most I'd imagine if we're honest). Attacking team thought it was a brilliant decision and praised my bravery. Away team thought it was a shocker and threatened to report me. This was after their striker had received a 2nd yellow 2 mins earlier for deliberately scoring with his hand. Turns out he wasn't registered anyway!

Having given the penalty, I knew I was 100% correct to do so but I also knew that the defending team will go mad because normally players do have to go down (I'd have done the same probably). I'm also not sure if I'd give it again,I think I would but truth is when a striker stays on his feet we often look for a way to not give it at least some of the time. It's a tough one for any ref

The Referee Store
If a player strikes or attempts to strike an opponent, it's a red card. However, I immediately called this for what it was (based on the personal video of a TV in the OP). The RC has been rescinded, because the SFA have determined that the player was not struck, or it was indeterminable
If a player hits the deck theatrically as a result of minimal contact, I'm immediately deterred from punishing the contact and possibly more likely to caution for feigning (cheating). It's pathetic

If a player strikes or attempts to strike an opponent, it's a red card. However, I immediately called this for what it was (based on the personal video of a TV in the OP). The RC has been rescinded, because the SFA have determined that the player was not struck, or it was indeterminable
If a player hits the deck theatrically as a result of minimal contact, I'm immediately deterred from punishing the contact and possibly more likely to caution for feigning (cheating). It's pathetic

As I stated there are multiple angles and the assistant watched it, so is the video evidence of the player getting elbowed in the face lying?, Is the assistant lying?, And as far as the SFA are concerned they haven't got anything right all season, they appear to have a different rule book to the rest of the referees and the rest of the world for that matter, they have shown it on many occasions.

Almost everyone is in agreement that it's a red card, I'm unsure how you can try justify cautioning the person that was just elbowed in the face for feigning injury, that would be a shocker of a decision in itself.

As I mentioned the SFA are hopeless, same SFA that said there was insufficient evidence to ban a player for kicking someone in the head, while he was standing, that was shown live on TV with multiple angles of footage, multiple pictures taken by photographers showing the incident, then went on to ban someone from the same game?

Since opening day of season here, violent conduct is still a red card, however, the guidelines given are, it has to be, well, violent violent.
I have the buzz word....Brutality !
The panel need to see brutality in the act of violent conduct, if they all 3 see it, fine, its a red, if its not all 3, then its not a red
This in no way reflects or should influence the match officials on the day though, if you see violent conduct, you treat it as such, and a bit like when a committee decide on a manager that you binned, the panel decision has zero to do with you as the referee.
(the referee is not involved at all in the process here, so, the clip in question, AR tells ref, ref dismisses, that's it, no further input comes from the officials, it is left in the hands of the 3 panel members to decide.)
As confusing as it sounds, it basically does not mean violent conduct has not occurred. What it means is the 3 panel members have not regarded it as brutal enough to stand.

And as far as the SFA are concerned they haven't got anything right all season
It appears their success count is now one!
I'm unsure how you can try justify cautioning the person that was just elbowed in the face for feigning injury
That's not what i said

Based on the video evidence, none of us can say for sure whether this was indeed an elbow. My whiskers (and i do have whiskers) are very sensitive to cheating. Whilst this incident is unclear, these whiskers of mine would have been tingling. I just hate cheating more than i dislike contact not classed as brutality

It appears their success count is now one!

That's not what i said

Based on the video evidence, none of us can say for sure whether this was indeed an elbow. My whiskers (and i do have whiskers) are very sensitive to cheating. Whilst this incident is unclear, these whiskers of mine would have been tingling. I just hate cheating more than i dislike contact not classed as brutality

I'm really not understanding how your able to determine that there is cheating but unable to determine if he was elbowed?, It's in the video?, He clearly elbows him.

The keeper is standing behind the player with hands up in the air, he then rounds the player with both hands still in the air he then throws his left arm back into the face of the player, the ball is not in play therefore he has no reason to throw back his elbow, the keeper is very aware of what he was doing.

I think your overall "hate for cheating" is clouding your judgement on this, or your choosing what your seeing, because I've watched the video and it's more than evident the keeper strikes the player.

However we can agree to disagree, no point in going round in circles

He clearly elbows him.
We're opposed on this. Whilst there was likely contact of sorts, I don't think it was brutality
I think your overall "hate for cheating" is clouding your judgement
Yup, you could be right there!

I don't think we're as far apart on this incident as you think we are. If it was indeed an elbow, the SFA and I have got it wrong. Cheating is the scourge of the modern game however. It's always been in the game, but brutality and intimidation has been replaced by pitiful simulation. I'm inclined to say the the incident involved more of the latter and less of the the former
Anyway, you might be right. It wouldn't surprise me if a new video clip surfaces to leave me blushing :oops:

We're opposed on this. Whilst there was likely contact of sorts, I don't think it was brutality

Yup, you could be right there!

I don't think we're as far apart on this incident as you think we are. If it was indeed an elbow, the SFA and I have got it wrong. Cheating is the scourge of the modern game however. It's always been in the game, but brutality and intimidation has been replaced by pitiful simulation. I'm inclined to say the the incident involved more of the latter and less of the the former
Anyway, you might be right. It wouldn't surprise me if a new video clip surfaces to leave me blushing :oops:

I fully agree that feigning injury and simulation have made a mockery of the modern game.
And it is something that shouldn't be taken lightly at all, however this instance I don't think it is any of the above, though I'm glad we can agree on something lol

Back