A&H

Rangers V Aberdeen. sending off.

The Referee Store

Cosgrove sending off. How is this a caution. from 31s seconds.
Harsh, I wouldn't caution for this because both players feet are at the same height and I just don't see it as particularly reckless. I'm often in a minority on these things as my tolerance is relatively high

It was a bad night all round for referees in Scotland last night, some very poor decisions across the games.

Clear yc,and indeed 2nd. See ya
Really? When the AR with a great view doesn't even think there's a chance it's a foul?
Looks like a decision based on player reaction plus poor communication...
And is this really reckless... looks controlled, minimal contact to me

Yeah, there's absolutely nothing here. Yes, there was some danger in coming in with the studs up......but it was timed well enough that there was no real danger to the opponent, so nothing warranting a card. I don't even think a PIADM foul here is worth it, especially given he's the one who came off 2nd best and it's a GK anyway.

At the end of the day a player kicked another player at the back of the calf. It is a very light yellow for me. In other words possible given for a first yellow card but not for the second.

And before anyone says it shouldn't make a difference if it's the first or second, for me these are the things that determine 50-50 decisions one way or other.

At the end of the day a player kicked another player at the back of the calf. It is a very light yellow for me. In other words possible given for a first yellow card but not for the second.

And before anyone says it shouldn't make a difference if it's the first or second, for me these are the things that determine 50-50 decisions one way or other.
The player who was carded is the one who was kicked. And 'kicked in the calf' doesn't =yellow. The player behind isn't at any fault given the leg suddenly appeared inches in front of his

Reactions: one
All I'm seeing is 1) No foul never mind a yellow card and restart is goal kick 2) The assistant who is about 10 yards maximum away from the incident being overruled by the referee who was about 35-40 yards away (credibility anyone?).

As always mistakes happen, however this season has been an absolute shocker with some decisions being made from not only the officials but the appeals panel too. Not sure if anyone has seen the penalty this same referee (Steven Mclean) denied last week ( )

Yes the benefit of TV replay saves us all however in my opinion surely the assistant 10 yards away rules the roost on that decision position wise?

The player who was carded is the one who was kicked. And 'kicked in the calf' doesn't =yellow. The player behind isn't at any fault given the leg suddenly appeared inches in front of his
Yes you are right. I got this totally wrong. If anything given, it should have been a FK to red.

It's a difficult one. Red has won the ball and been kicked by blue but red's studs have also gone into path of blue, I think the free-kick could've gone either way and in this situation where it's not black and white, I'd hesitate to caution either of them.

- Rangers defender is set to play the ball, waiting for it to come down.

- Aberdeen defender comes charging in from some distance and likelihood of playing the ball is considerably lower than the defender's. Foot raised, body position as the challenge is made, posing risk to defender.

Plausible argument for reckless there.

Before you start angrily typing at me, I have answered the question in the OP:

How is this a caution.

I give you a "how", not necessarily my own opinion. ;)

Also to consider - how many other fouls had he made before? Persistent perhaps?

This. Given the nature of his first caution, its easy to be lulled into seeing the second incident as the same
Also check his reaction at the first, he does not care
For further reading, check his red in Aberdeen v Celtic of late. Brutal does not do justice.

Back