A&H

Question re levels

willt2004

Newref
Level 8 Referee
Hi guys

Am just wondering about how the levels work.
I qualified in March and this is my 2nd season and am absolutely loving it - do all youth games up to u15s due to my age but am hoping next/ next couple of years to move into open age. Do you know if you have to be L6 before doing OA and is a promotion needed for refereeing in the Staffordshire county senior league (appreciate most people will not know this league).

Thanks guys

The Referee Store
No (you don’t need to be a L6 to referee OA)

In fact, you can’t get to L6 without refereeing OA.

I think you have to be 16+ to referee OA but not 100% sure (As, sadly, I am many, many years past my 16th birthday I haven’t fully paid attention to this requirement.)

Can’t answer about that specific league, Sorry

No (you don’t need to be a L6 to referee OA)

In fact, you can’t get to L6 without refereeing OA.

I think you have to be 16+ to referee OA but not 100% sure (As, sadly, I am many, many years past my 16th birthday I haven’t fully paid attention to this requirement.)

Can’t answer about that specific league, Sorry

Ok thanks for the reply much appreciated 👍. Am 15 now and will be 16 in June so hopefully will start OA in the 20/21 season.

Ok thanks for the reply much appreciated 👍. Am 15 now and will be 16 in June so hopefully will start OA in the 20/21 season.
I'm L7 and ref below Step 7 in my Senior County League. Younger refs might pick up some experience as AR in these leagues in the first instance

I'm L7 and ref below Step 7 in my Senior County League. Younger refs might pick up some experience as AR in these leagues in the first instance

Thanks for the reply. I’m not very clued up in what steps mean, so would a senior county league accept L7 refs or L7 assistants?

Thanks for your help

Dont try and run before you can walk, its great to see that you're keen to kick on but at 15 i certainly wouldn't be looking to get into OA games just yet, its a completely different game.

Might be a good idea to see if you can do a few assistant jobs before taking the plunge.

Thanks for the reply. I’m not very clued up in what steps mean, so would a senior county league accept L7 refs or L7 assistants?

Thanks for your help
Step 7 is the bottom level of the 'National Football League'. Take a look at the Wiki page to see how leagues are equated with one another
Very unlikely to ever referee a game on the pyramid until at least one promotion has been achieved. However, it is normal to be appointed to unclassified levels below that

Dont try and run before you can walk, its great to see that you're keen to kick on but at 15 i certainly wouldn't be looking to get into OA games just yet, its a completely different game.

Might be a good idea to see if you can do a few assistant jobs before taking the plunge.

Ye that’s what I’m thinking some OA on the line to get me started

Back