A&H

QPR v Wigan

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Fastest yellow I've ever seen last night.

QPR make sub as they are about to take a free kick.

Sub (Forward) comes on. FK is pumped up towards him, he clatters defender as ball arrives - yellow card - from whistle to restart game to foul was 2 seconds!

Harsh I thought but then I was at least 50 yards away and not totally unbiased!;)

Anyone had similar?

The Referee Store
If you've cautioned a substitute in a game, in theory when they enter the game, they are on a caution in zero seconds. There's a few possible scenarios for very quick cautions but not seen one personally. However, wasn't a player sent off last season for OFFINABUS during a substitution (Andy Robinson at Stockport?). Does it count because play hadn't even restarted?

If you've cautioned a substitute in a game, in theory when they enter the game, they are on a caution in zero seconds. There's a few possible scenarios for very quick cautions but not seen one personally. However, wasn't a player sent off last season for OFFINABUS during a substitution (Andy Robinson at Stockport?). Does it count because play hadn't even restarted?

and Tim Cahill as he was waiting to come on as sub in Melbourne, earlier this month in the derby game. Player being substituted hadnt left the FOP at that point, so 11 v 11 still.

Matt Smith when Leeds got beat 6-0 at hillsborough 2-3 seasons ago. Half time sub sent off after about 1 minute is the fastest I have seen someone come and go.

and Tim Cahill as he was waiting to come on as sub in Melbourne, earlier this month in the derby game. Player being substituted hadnt left the FOP at that point, so 11 v 11 still.
Even if player had come off, if the substitute had not come onto the field of play (and thus become a player), the team is still eligible to not play short as the substitution hasn't been completed.

They can bring that player back on that was coming off or replace the player with another substitute. Their choice.

Vinny Jones picked up a few rapid cards straight from kick off, one of which was during his Chelsea days. Think he held the record for a while.

I'll always remember one in a supply league game years ago. Home team had already lost two players to red cards (S7 and OFFINABUS at assistant), they make a sub only for the player coming on to step two paces onto the pitch and punch the opponent's left back. Play hadn't even restarted but he was off, so I guess that is zero seconds?

On weird ones as well, Jermaine Johnson for Sheffield Wednesday takes the biscuit. Got angry at getting subbed off and booted a water bottle into the crowd, narrowly missing the Sheffield United technical area. 4th official alerts Mike Dean, who stops the game whilst Johnson is brought back out from the changing room, by now in his pants, to show him the yellow card and subsequently a red as he had already been cautioned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ses-bottle-derby-joy-Sheffield-Wednesday.html

Back