A&H

QPR v Burnley

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Free kick for the first goal. Only seen live at the game, looked clear as day to me, but apparently there was no contact, but the 'wrinkle' here is Burnley player admitted it was a 'dive' presumably to avoid a yellow, but ref (Peter Banks) still gave the fk to Burnley. In that situation at our more humble levels would you

a) Proceed with fk to Burnley (Which PB did)
b) Drop ball - to?
c) Award fk to QPR and caution Burnley player

Does that decision in the EFL, live on Sky change from what you would do at a lower level without TV?

Thanks again!

The Referee Store
This reminds me of the penalty calls you occasionally see where the taking player will deliberately put it wide if they don't like the referee's decision.

I think in reality I'd go with that precedent, stick with my initial decision but possibly even mentioning to the "fouled" player that if he really doesn't think it was a foul, he's welcome to use the FK to pass to an opponent.

Free kick for the first goal. Only seen live at the game, looked clear as day to me, but apparently there was no contact, but the 'wrinkle' here is Burnley player admitted it was a 'dive' presumably to avoid a yellow, but ref (Peter Banks) still gave the fk to Burnley. In that situation at our more humble levels would you

a) Proceed with fk to Burnley (Which PB did)
b) Drop ball - to?
c) Award fk to QPR and caution Burnley player

Does that decision in the EFL, live on Sky change from what you would do at a lower level without TV?

Thanks again!
Haven't seen the game, but how do you know the Burnley player admitted it was a dive?

This reminds me of the penalty calls you occasionally see where the taking player will deliberately put it wide if they don't like the referee's decision.

I think in reality I'd go with that precedent, stick with my initial decision but possibly even mentioning to the "fouled" player that if he really doesn't think it was a foul, he's welcome to use the FK to pass to an opponent.
For those that didn't see, Burnley promptly put a wonderful free kick in the top corner!

Back