george.g

Level 5 Referee
Match #18
Qatar v Senegal
Friday, 25 November 2022
16:00 local time (13:00 GMT)
Doha

Referee: Antonio Mateu Lahoz (ESP)

Assistant Referee 1: Pau Cebrian Devis (ESP)
Assistant Referee 2: Roberto Diaz Perez del Palomar (ESP)
Fourth Official: Kevin Ortega (PER)
Reserve Assistant Referee: Jesus Sanchez (PER)
Video Assistant Referee: Alejandro Hernandez Hernandez (ESP)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Ricardo de Burgos (ESP)
Offside Video Assistant Referee: Juan Pablo Belatti (ARG)
Support Video Assistant Referee: Juan Martinez Munuera (ESP)
Standby Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Bruno Boschilia (BRA)

The Referee Store
First debut of the Blue colourway.
Again, no reason it can’t be black, especially with it being Red vs White same as the game prior.

First I’ve seen it in action in general as its not been adopted this season here

Pen falls into the 'seen them given' category

Thought he played for it in real time...on replay there's more contact than I thought

Part of me thinks that’s a great no call for a penalty - Qatari player steps in front of the Senegalese and that initiates the contact. Other part of me thinks football clearly expects a penalty for that one and it’s hard for anyone other than the most experienced ref to even see it. Tricky one!

Part of me thinks that’s a great no call for a penalty - Qatari player steps in front of the Senegalese and that initiates the contact. Other part of me thinks football clearly expects a penalty for that one and it’s hard for anyone other than the most experienced ref to even see it. Tricky one!
Good summary!

Pen falls into the 'seen them given' category

Thought he played for it in real time...on replay there's more contact than I thought
I think he took the ball wider than he’d like and immediately went looking for the foul. I don’t think it would have been overturned if given but I think he got it right

Reactions: es1
I think he took the ball wider than he’d like and immediately went looking for the foul. I don’t think it would have been overturned if given but I think he got it right
agreed, my initial reaction was no chance, but I think it was more of a pen than I thought

So that's it, this and the Dutch result confirms the hosts have been officially eliminated from their own tournament after 2 games.

Showed a bit of fighting spirit in 2nd half, but too little too late and a distinct lack of quality in the final 3rd, although it's been a recurring theme during this WC so far.

Not a good look for the tournament to see so many locals not returning for the 2nd half of games. Can remember a time where there wasn't an empty seat to be seen during any game. More recent WCs have seen stadiums nowhere close to capacity until the semi final stages for various reasons :confused:

Not a good look for the tournament to see so many locals not returning for the 2nd half of games. Can remember a time where there wasn't an empty seat to be seen during any game. More recent WCs have seen stadiums nowhere close to capacity until the semi final stages for various reasons :confused:
Been going to the games. About 10% to 15% of the seats have beed reserved for VIP use. In the 5 games I have been to so far they have Been only slightly over half full at best. The rest of the seats still have some gaps but not many. Ridiculously though, the crowd attendance announcement at the end of the game is always around 10% above stadium capacity.

Back