A&H

Push in the back ref

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not your problem, that's on the players. If the players keep pushing, the whistle keeps going. Or, as is much more often the case, the players push, the whistle goes, the players stop pushing because their manager gives them an earful for giving away a stupid foul.
More likely their manager gives the referee an earful for being soft.

The Referee Store
But if the only difference is that it might get more heated, why wouldn't you keep tight control in the early stages? Just because you're more experienced doesn't mean you should invite more problems?

the more experienced you are, the better you can (or should) be able to deal with the consequences. Just my take on it
not one shoe size fits all

That's not your problem, that's on the players. If the players keep pushing, the whistle keeps going. Or, as is much more often the case, the players push, the whistle goes, the players stop pushing because their manager gives them an earful for giving away a stupid foul.

You have completely missed my point, at no point have i said don't give a push, i said that 99% of shouts for a push in the back are not fouls.

Reactions: Kes
[

yes that' extreme but my point, for me still stands, a newer referee might be advised to keep control without complicating things, and if that means awarding softer fouls in general, then I cant see the harm in that....until they mature and are confident dealing with consequences, the old story about reffing being like riding a new horse, until you have it under control, you keep it under a tight reign, as you just cant predict how it will react, and indeed if you will be able to handle it if it oversteps the mark. As you slowly progress you can the begin to feel more confident in the calls that you dont make, as opposed to the ones that you do.
Nobody wants a stop start game. A newer ref who penalizes a bit more early on might reap the benefits of the players screwing the nut and not committing fouls as they soon realise every slight touch is going to be a foul.

Hmmmm still not entirely sure i agree. I know exactly where you are coming from i just dont think this is the correct scenario to apply that method.

I also wouldn't want players not committing fouls because they realise that every slight touch is going to be a foul. Regardless of level of experience.

More likely their manager gives the referee an earful for being soft.
Depends what you're giving it for. As long as the push is clear, you explain what you've seen and you're not imagining it, my experience is that the managers will start telling their players to keep their arms down because they know you'll ping them for a shove. If you ignore the shove, what incentive have the players got to stop doing it?
You have completely missed my point, at no point have i said don't give a push, i said that 99% of shouts for a push in the back are not fouls.
Not quite sure what point you think I've missed! ;) The post you were replying to here suggested "managing" the situation by ignoring some fouls because otherwise you give loads. I simply countered with my belief that the much easier (and more in line with the laws) way of dealing with this is to give the fouls you see and leave it up to the players to modify their behaviour to match your tolerance.

I got into a 'row' with benches while senior AR last week over a 'push'

'You not close enough or not a push?' manager asked sarcastically. The first part referring to the fact that I had already told him I wasn't giving decisions where a) ref was closer and b) I was 30 yards plus away!

'Both!' I replied.

This led to coach telling me a) how to do my job and b) That I was only 10 yards away (I wasn't).

Having already 'asked' them to behave, this now became me telling said coach not to tell me how to do my job. TBF he DID apologise afterwards, so all good in the end!

But this was a classic 'Hands ON the back' and not a push to me, even if it was in my 'credible' zone, which it wasn't.

They rightfully gave him a deserved medal on his ritirement, sadly as the queen tapped him on the shoulder he flopped to the floor. The CBE, (Can Befall Easily Medal) as it’s known away from The Toon! 🍺❤️🍺

They rightfully gave him a deserved medal on his ritirement, sadly as the queen tapped him on the shoulder he flopped to the floor. The CBE, (Can Befall Easily Medal) as it’s known away from The Toon! 🍺❤️🍺

10 million plus in wages over a 10 year spell, a signing on fee and whatever Newcastle paid as a transfer fee
In return for..

no silverware

some god ! he taketh more than he giveth !!

10 million plus in wages over a 10 year spell, a signing on fee and whatever Newcastle paid as a transfer fee
In return for..

no silverware

some god ! he taketh more than he giveth !!

...Says the man seen to describe Paul Scholes as England's most gifted ever footballer ... :rolleyes: :wall: :asshat: :p

...Says the man seen to describe Paul Scholes as England's most gifted ever footballer ... :rolleyes::wall::asshat::p

I think for the value he gave his team, and what he is putting back into the game today I know whose alter I would worship at

Well this one is going nowhere. Five posts had to be deleted, and the past five have absolutely nothing to do with the OP. So …

2hd3aed.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back