A&H

Pulling on the heart strings

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Just got a lovely request to help referee a game in August. Now, I’m officially retired however, I’ve just read what this lads put from his Just Giving Page. Brought a tear to my eye, how can I possibly turn it down!!!
My story
I have set up this page in memory of my beautiful wife Heidi and daughter Isabella. Sadly my wife was taken Ill while 39 weeks pregnant, unfortunately she stopped breathing when we arrived at hospital. My daughter was born by emergency C section while they tried to save Heidi. Sadly Heidi passed away. I named my daughter Isabella but due to Heidi's illness she had been starved of oxygen and I was told she wouldn't make it through the night. After being removed from life support she battled on for 8 more hours giving me chance to completely fall in love with her. Sadly at just 15 hours old she passed away.

I got to spend the rest of the day with Isabella with a machine called s cuddle cot which allows grieving parents chance to bond with there baby for up to 72 hours after death or still birth.

They are £1,600 each. Our aim is to donate one to Sheffield Hospital and if we raise enough to donate one to Solihull hospital where Heidi was born.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
A very good team 10 years ago who were an absolute pleasure to referee back then, as time went by the core of the team changed and they became a tad ars3y. Last game I remember they came back from 0-3 down to 2-3 and yours truly scrubbed off the equaliser off for a blatant push at a corner. As we went back upfield said player above called me an expletive with the C word added so I dismissed him!!! They then had another off for a cynical foul and AA followed by a retaliation tackle straight red 30 seconds later! Then I gave a 93rd min pen and they lost 2-4.... Still lots of handshakes but it was one of those all action games where you have no choice to act! Football aside I couldn't comprehend losing a wife and newborn child on the same day. Thats just awful. He has another child too so fair play to him for his charitable game to come.

I dont know how folk rebuild after something like that.

Making it relevant to our football, see when you have half a team squaring up to you because you might have got a throw wrong, you sometimes do feel like screaming out that there are worst things in life that could happen

Enjoy the game and I hope plentiful funds are raised

Well, all went well, feeling it now though, Had a heartfelt minutes applause before we started. 7-2 to home team, pretty low key but 2 very very strong well timed tackles late on were the only potential flashpoints. Everyone in semi competitive mode, had two mid half breaks as it was roasting hot. No cards required, good job really as I couldn't find them this morning!! :cool: Ice bath anyone??

Last edited:
From the FB page..........4th of August 2017. 1 year today since the worst night of my life. Losing my wife and daughter. I can’t believe it’s been a year. You both are, and always will be missed and loved by so many.

It would of been easy for me to give up on life after what happened. But with you both in my heart I’m trying to make a positive impact on the world in both your memories.

Today we are playing a charity football game for the team that Heidi used to watch me play in every Saturday. She even won a ‘touch line honey’ award!! With the aim that at the end of the day we will be able to donate a cuddle cot to the Jessops wing at Sheffield hospital in Heidi and Isabella’s name.

Thank you to all my friends and family for being there for me over the last year.
LIVING LIFE FOR THREE
1f495.png
💕 X
https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser…/fundraiserPage…

We did a fundraiser to purchase one for our local hospital here some time ago. Managed to buy 2 and have some money to spare. They are fantastic.

EE3CC8C1-7D72-4A27-8636-D49479EE879A.jpeg
I organised a Respect huddle with supportive families included, impromptu balloon release in remembrance and I even added a small penalty shoot out for the younger ones at the end. Respect cost nothing peeps. It was all appreciated too at the end. They even offered to pay me and I told them to chuck it in the collection box...

Back