A&H

Promotion chase update!!!

Ref Luke 2203

Level 5 Referee
Promotion chase update!!! So yesterday was my 3rd observation of the promotion season. Was my first county cup allocation. Ended as a fairly simple game to ref. 10 fouls in total and score ended 11-2. No cards or any major incidents.

The easy match meant I concentrated a lot more on my positioning. Trying to stick to a control path and being up with play, making my sprints an extra 5-10 yards further. All things mentioned as improvement points on previous assessments. It was commented on positioning was above standard so I must be learning something!

Game control was good although not much to control. No big incidents. Handling of subs, injuries, pre match checks all good.

Improvement points were:
- dont come so far right when running control path. He did say this is easier said than done without proper AR's though.
- blow for a restart of play after an injury. Keeper was injured and goal kick was the restart. Keeper was ready to kick the ball and play so I didnt blow although I should have.
- when I played an advantage it was correctly signalled and I shouted "play on". I should of shouted "play on, advantage".

Final 2 points I think were very minor. Indicators of the standard of match and my decent performance i would say. Although definitely things to take on board. Will be 16 matches and 3 assessments into the promotion chase by the end of the month if all goes well!

The Referee Store
I can't stop doing this. No idea why I have such difficulty with the word 'advantage'
This is something I always forget to do.
I’ve just been shouting play on 99% of the time. I realised after my last match when I said advantage too that players seemed much happier and didn’t tell me afterwards that they were fouled. I felt I had much better control and positive communication with the players when i used the word advantage too. Funny old game.
It’s in my mind to concentrate on this.

This is something I always forget to do.
I’ve just been shouting play on 99% of the time. I realised after my last match when I said advantage too that players seemed much happier and didn’t tell me afterwards that they were fouled. I felt I had much better control and positive communication with the players when i used the word advantage too. Funny old game.
It’s in my mind to concentrate on this.

Interesting comparison... never thought of that before and didnt think it would make a difference but can see what you mean now. Lets see if that helps this weekend!

Back