A&H

Promotion 7-6

StuArt reed

Level 6 Referee
guy
I'm looking for advise I've been refereeing since March 2014! Received an email regarding promotion , should I go for it or do another season first ?

Stu

The Referee Store
How do you feel about refereeing? Assuming you have a mentor who's watched you discuss it with him. My personal opinion would be if you wish to use promotion to improve your game and learn from assessments then definitely go for it.

Stu,

It is probably a blanket e-mail to all referees about promotion for the next season.

To apply, you must have been refereeing for 12 months (after Module 5) prior to the start of the marking season, which starts on 1 March each year.

The minimum requirement for promotion is:
- 20 Adult games in the marking season (but some counties allow some U19 games to count);
- minimum of 3 assessments ( and you need to keep the Assessor co-ordinator informed of all your qualifying games):
- attend in-season training seminars as required;
- a test on the Laws of the Game; and
- be compliant with your admin. This includes discliinary reports submitted on time, closed dates as you become aware, etc.

Going 7-6 is not a big step and most referees will benefit from the assessments. It is worth developing yourself as fr as possible.
If you are eliguble and and comply with the CFA requirements, then go for it.

Stu,

It is probably a blanket e-mail to all referees about promotion for the next season.

To apply, you must have been refereeing for 12 months (after Module 5) prior to the start of the marking season, which starts on 1 March each year.

The minimum requirement for promotion is:
- 20 Adult games in the marking season (but some counties allow some U19 games to count);
- minimum of 3 assessments ( and you need to keep the Assessor co-ordinator informed of all your qualifying games):
- attend in-season training seminars as required;
- a test on the Laws of the Game; and
- be compliant with your admin. This includes discliinary reports submitted on time, closed dates as you become aware, etc.

Going 7-6 is not a big step and most referees will benefit from the assessments. It is worth developing yourself as fr as possible.
If you are eliguble and and comply with the CFA requirements, then go for it.

Thanks for reply , I've only recently completed module 5 due to a delay from county Fa, I've asked my referee development officer and I'm told I'm eligible for applying ?

How do you feel about refereeing? Assuming you have a mentor who's watched you discuss it with him. My personal opinion would be if you wish to use promotion to improve your game and learn from assessments then definitely go for it.

Declan , thanks for reply, strangley ever since I've been refereeing I've not had any mentors nothing just been left to it as such?

Go for it. Make the first step in going up the promotion ladder.

If YOU feel your competent and ready to go for promotion then go for it mare, I started last October and applied in March, by the end of the season I had completed 17 of the 20 games required for the marking season so when this season started I had completed all 20 games b August, and 1 assessment. Definitely took some pressure off the 20 games thing.
Like you wasn't given/offered a mentor it was just a case of go out and referee.
Like the above comment make sure you are 100% spot on with your admin, acknowledge your appointments! send in reports on time (thank the appointments officer for your appointments).
I joined my local RA and also we have a referee academy once a month, just a group of us bit of fitness, bit of match incident talk. This has got my name and face recognised, so pick up extra games on games on the line for county U'18 games (L5 middle) this has helped my fitness and also AR work.

Go for it mate, even if you don't get it, get the experience of having some assessments and receiving that feedback.

Good luck

Back