A&H

Prize Money!

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Am AR on Womens FA Cup 1st Round Proper on Sunday.

Looking at rules I see that prize money for this match is £800 - must be most valuable game I have officiated on!

I'm sure you level 4s and above have been on games worth more, but it adds a bit of an edge compared to my normal games!

The Referee Store
Oh yeah, even just the earliest rounds if the FA cup can help keep a club going the entire year, repair the aging clubhouse etc so it certainly adds and extra edge

indeed - had my first FA Cup fixture this season ... was £1500 on the game!! no added pressure then ...

Well that was the classic game of two halves.

Reds deservedly 2-0 up at half time, whites not in it at all.

2nd half, it was as if the teams had swapped shirts at half time, both teams exact opposite to their 1st half performances - whites come back to win 3-2.

The bad news for me was that 95% of the action and all 5 goals at other end of pitch - as I was junior didn't even have the banter of the benches to keep me amused. Must have raised my flag about half a dozen times all game - I was frozen (well relativity frozen for a southern softie!)

Well that was the classic game of two halves.

Reds deservedly 2-0 up at half time, whites not in it at all.

2nd half, it was as if the teams had swapped shirts at half time, both teams exact opposite to their 1st half performances - whites come back to win 3-2.

The bad news for me was that 95% of the action and all 5 goals at other end of pitch - as I was junior didn't even have the banter of the benches to keep me amused. Must have raised my flag about half a dozen times all game - I was frozen (well relativity frozen for a southern softie!)
And with all that prize money at stake you earned what, £17.50?, for freezing your proverbials off!! :rolleyes:

The worst one for match fee is an FA Youth cup line about 2 minutes down the road... Almost doesn't feel worth it! :p

The worst one for match fee is an FA Youth cup line about 2 minutes down the road... Almost doesn't feel worth it! :p

If you did not think it was worth your while to attend, am sure countless others would have bitten your hand off for a shot ? Am honoured with any appointment to a national cup, and to have it so close to home is a bonus

Back