A&H

Private 4th Notes!

The Referee Store
Seems like the officials had a plan to stitch him up.

Should have been warned that his comments were unacceptable.....ask, tell, remove.

If the manager is not actually disputing what was said, and what was said has been deemed to be unnacceptable, then I dont see the problem.
Really annoys me that managers after games pop in for a quiet word re a decision, but, the ref now has his hands tied because he knows whatever he says will be fed back to the media. It only seems to be a private matter when it suits the manager
surely having the evidence written down makes a lot more sense than trying to remember what exactly was said and when? This is a very experienced manager, he must have known this was going on,so why did he persist?

Has it been released what exactly was said? Couple of thoughts here. We have only heard mgr side of this so far in the media which is certainly self serving. I love how he is pointing finger at other tech area. Clear deflection. I'd love to see the report. Now if he went OFFINABUS then send him right away. If he is being otherwise irresponsible, warn if you can. so the 4th is writing after a conversation with you and you have no idea you need to stop?????? Not buying it. If I say something to you and then start writing..... continue at your own peril

Hoosier, he is affectionately called Colin for one special reason..... if you remove the letters COLIN from his full name and then re-arrange the letters that are left...

Good Christmas test for you to work out whats left!!! :)

The point is being missed somewhat here......it isn't a question of what was said......it's a question of whether he was warned regarding the nature of his comments.

If the comments were noted without anything being said to him regarding their nature, then he is sent off, reported, and all of the comments from the beginning of the match used in the report.....that would be very very disingenuous at best, downright underhanded, possibly corrupt, at worst.

Not doubting his pedigree for being an obnoxious ****, but there has to be some ethics involved from the officials. If you are hearing comments that you consider to be worthy of inclusion in a misconduct, you should be warning the person making those comments about the potential consequences.

It seems that the crux of Colin's complaint is that these comments were seemingly made without any reprimand or warning from the 4th......then produced in a misconduct report.
Whether that is what actually happened....who knows? But if it did.....that is a poor show from the 4th.....

why are the 4th officials in the other clips not doing anything, the minute he used the biased word if i was 4th official the ref would have been over and he would be gone

Both are correct Miley, his dad was quite senior as a ref back in the day and Colin was also qualified at some point, he was also an Undertaker and a Fruit Shop owner too. If you strip away all the bluster he's a very nice bloke. He's one of those cuddly grandads that turns into Mr B'stard as a manager. Some of his player b0llockings are legendary.

From his book, Comment on Gary Megson..... 'I wouldn't p1ss on him if he was on fire'!!!! He has a point!!

Both are correct Miley, his dad was quite senior as a ref back in the day and Colin was also qualified at some point, he was also an Undertaker and a Fruit Shop owner too. If you strip away all the bluster he's a very nice bloke. He's one of those cuddly grandads that turns into Mr B'stard as a manager. Some of his player b0llockings are legendary.

From his book, Comment on Gary Megson..... 'I wouldn't p1ss on him if he was on fire'!!!! He has a point!!

I'm not sure he was every actually a qualified referee, rather something he said got taken out of context and stuck. When you do your coaching badges there is a three hour module on the laws of the game, but passing that doesn't make you a qualified referee. Just don't see when he can have done it - he played professionally from 18 to 31, then went straight into management.

He does talk crap at times but sometimes he comes out with a gem!!!!!

When asked by a reporter what he would do if he were manager of Sheffield Wednesday, Warnock famously replied, "As long as the whole of my salary was paid within 28 days, I would buy so many tosspots – although, come to think of it, their current squad would do – and f*ck 'em up so badly. Then I'd retire to Cornwall and spend the rest of my life laughing my f*cking head off. GENIUS!!!! ;)

Back