A&H

Premier League Referee Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran W

Ever wondered what a PGMO referee actually takes with him to a game?

Double page spread in The Sun today. Tried my best with scanning, hopefully it's readable :)

Page 6 of the 'Goals' section in the middle of the paper if anyone has it.

Z9mTw8J.jpg

Attachments

• Ref kit.png
    Ref kit.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
The Referee Store
Eight kits? What? Surely that is over kill? And only 2 pens? I carry about 20! Between teams not giving them back with the team sheet and just plain old misplacing them I go through quite a few!

I guess premier league referees don't have to worry about having their pens stolen... :D

I'm the opposite when it comes to pens, the team always seem to give me the pen with team sheet I end up collecting them lol.

8 kits does seem excessive but when you're at that level I guess there is no room for error so you take zero chances. Oh to have a spare kit to change into at half time eh, bliss lol.

8 kits is probably only 4 colours and long and short sleeves.
Take out team colours and keepers probably only left with 1 colour, but who on earth wears long sleeves anyway apart from the Welsh. ;)

Oi! We welsh are used to the rain and cold - it's out not bad winter weather. For example "what's the weather like outside Dai?" "Well it's alright like, hail stones like rugby balls and cold enough to freeze the wool off your favorite sheep, but not bad butt". That could be a conversation heard in any pub across our green and beautiful land!

Long sleeve shirt indeed. Not on my watch! we are made of sterner stuff mate! :D

Thats a hell of a lot! I thought I was overkill!

I take:

- 4 shirts (Black FA Badge, Black CFA Badge, Yellow, Purple and Grey for colour clashes)
- 2 shorts
- 2 pairs of socks
- Expedia Tracksuit to warm up in
- Trainers
- Boots
- 2 crappy flags for CARs, (if im assisting later on that day ill take my touchline non buzzers too)
- 4 whistles, 2 on a lanyard (Black Fox 40 Classic and Neon Fox 40 Classic on one and Black F40 Clas and Orange Acme Tornado on the other)
- 2 books and sets of cards, both fifa cards, one for short pockets for single distribution and one set for top right pocket for 2nd caution then red so im not pocket dancing (i only take one book out with me and update the spare at half time and full time)
- 2 pens (take one, leave one)
- 2 pencils (take one leave one)
- 2 watches (left stopwatch keeps running, right times stoppages)
- 2 coins

Opinions people? Too much? Too little?

Nice find tho in OP!

Thats a hell of a lot! I thought I was overkill!

I take:

- 4 shirts (Black FA Badge, Black CFA Badge, Yellow, Purple and Grey for colour clashes)
!!!!!
What colour clashes?

At your level 7, no team is allowed to wear black kit.

theres a few around, sometimes everton academy wear black, a few GK kits are black at like U15s+ and theyre getting on to be my height these days so it helps having a choice where I am the standalone in that colour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back