A&H

Premier League kits on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexv

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
I was just browsing referee equipment on ebay as boredom took over and saw numerous EFL and Premier League kits with the EFL/PL badge with the EA Sports arm badges. Not that I was going to buy them, but surely there must be some kind of rule against using these outside of the pro leagues?

Below are two examples

Attachments

• AD76252C-C3F4-41F9-8B7A-30E8724758A7.png
    AD76252C-C3F4-41F9-8B7A-30E8724758A7.png
    920.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 59303481-9121-4B12-9890-0B77A1997F93.png
    59303481-9121-4B12-9890-0B77A1997F93.png
    951.8 KB · Views: 30
The Referee Store
Here’s a Prem one

Attachments

• 5FB507D1-7B1F-4032-B266-C1111A24A15C.png
    5FB507D1-7B1F-4032-B266-C1111A24A15C.png
    791.4 KB · Views: 27
No need for anyone on here to buy them, everytime I mention coloured shirts I get scoffed at!!
Hahah, I bought the new Nike yellow one after refereeing a tournament where one team had all black kits with blue stripes, which faded into black and the other with the exact same kit but with red stripes... I was wondering how people can even get hold of those shirts and if any refs actually buy them to wear

Either be the match official themself selling, or, maybe they passed them on at training/meeting?

Should be able to get sellers name off the page, and see if someone is scraping together the pennies since coming off the list!

Either be the match official themself selling, or, maybe they passed them on at training/meeting?

Should be able to get sellers name off the page, and see if someone is scraping together the pennies since coming off the list!
Just saw some fairly old ones (with the Fly Emirates badge) and looks like this guy collects football shirts. The other EFL and Prem League ones had no other current listings. Quite sad if they’ve been taken off and want to sell them

In case you were wondering, this is the game where I decided to buy a different coloured shirt😂

Attachments

• 23E6D4C5-FC00-4620-AC64-B85B168F5FAE.png
    23E6D4C5-FC00-4620-AC64-B85B168F5FAE.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
Will likely be retired PGMOL officials selling their kits, can't see there is anything wrong with it.

I wouldn't be wearing it at a grass roots game though, would just be drawing attention to yourself.

Will likely be retired PGMOL officials selling their kits, can't see there is anything wrong with it.

I wouldn't be wearing it at a grass roots game though, would just be drawing attention to yourself.
I read somewhere on here about how it’s very against the rules to have unlicensed advertising on our shirts, like the EA badges, which is why I thought people might unknowingly get into trouble by wearing it

I read somewhere on here about how it’s very against the rules to have unlicensed advertising on our shirts, like the EA badges, which is why I thought people might unknowingly get into trouble by wearing it

Yes, rule 11(a)(ii) ...

Referees’ uniforms must not carry any form of advertising.

And before people ask how the top level guys get away with it, 11(c) then states …

The following Competitions may be exempt from (a) above, on application to The Association subject to the conditions below:
• FA Women’s Super League and Premier League
• The Premier League
• EFL
• Competitions of Panel and Contributory League Status

Application must be submitted annually prior to 1 May for the following season. Approval will be considered only for shirts that are almost entirely of a single colour and where the competition confirms to The Association that all Match Officials will be provided with shirts, shorts and socks free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back