A&H

Pre-season

The Referee Store
Did my first on Saturday ... 43 days after my previous season ended :). Three cricket matches going on all around us and at 26 degrees it was NOT a gentle re-introduction!

9 v 9 U11s at a tournament yesterday before taking on a UN peacekeeping role as 'senior referee' (looking after a very new referee; therefore no official status for that game) on the U15s final. "I don't give a f---- about the kids" yells one spectator when it all kicked off after the final whistle. Please tell me why you're here then? *sigh*

No further details as there are multiple misconduct reports on their way to the relevant FA from the referee.

At least its out of the way early!

Great weather for it on Saturday.

Supply v Contrib team on 4G. Competitive and a good initial run-out. I've been working a lot on fitness during the off-season and knocked out the fitness test last month. So I'm happy that fitness-wise I did not feel tested other than having to be aware of the heat!

The 4G facility was on the small-side compared to 'real' pitches (although that is variable...) although still managed to hit 10km.

Nothing yet for me....
It seems that my local leagues don't want any new refs.

First game Thursday the 16th of July. Colchester United U21 vs Chivas Florida. I will be an Assistant Referee

First game Thursday the 16th of July. Colchester United U21 vs Chivas Florida. I will be an Assistant Referee

Actually forget that one. After Colchester United asked the Referees Academy bloke to appoint 3 officials, the FA stepped in to take us off it and will now appoint new officials as they are classing it as an international fixture. Bugger.

Nothing yet for me....
It seems that my local leagues don't want any new refs.
It's not the leagues that appoint to friendlies, the clubs usually phone a referee they know. If you don't get any appointments for the first two weeks of September, then phone the County office and let them know. They'll have a word in someone's ear.

So far, out of the several leagues I ve contacted, only the junior league replied straight away. I understand season over and holiday, but at least an acknowledge.

Did you phone the refs secretary? Not all ref secretaries are au fait with the new fangled email systems even if they've got an email address.

Not starting until Aug 1st when I'm down as an assistant for Bristol Rovers vs Bristol City U'16's. Quite glad for the decent rest!

mine wont be until the 2nd August ... which I cannot make as I'm at West Ham v Werder Bremen! and then I miss the following match as im at Arsenal v West Ham ...

ahhhh life of a season ticket holder and referee lol

Was supposed to be on the line for Dorchester vs Plymouth Academy and in the middle for Wincanton vs Yeovil U18s next week, but had to come off both due to injury. Already missed the first of our 5-4 fitness tests because of it, and even if it's cleared up by the time the second one comes around it's very unlikely I'm going to be fit enough for it, as I can't even walk at the moment. Having missed the chance to go for 4 last year too, gutted would be an understatement.

First friendly game for me now... Boroughbridge Ladies vs Bedale Ladies... 11th August

Back