A&H

Potential advantage - 2nd yellow

The Referee Store
I don't think I would.

There is the argument that it's generally Unsporting behaviour, but I don't buy that, the Unsporting behaviour is the Stop/interfere with promising attack.

It's not reckless for me, so as per law, if the referee plays advantage on a stopping/interfering with promising attack, no card is shown.

My bet is the referee realised he had missed an advantage and didn't want that to mean he had to send the player off.

I’m agreed with James.

Not reckless, meaning if you play an advantage for SPA then you can’t caution.

I would say that given he hasn’t played an advantage, this should be a 2YC.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear
opportunity to score a goal.

Therefore, the Referee should not play advantage in this situation

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear

Good Point. We had quite lengthy thread on this topic recently as well, resulting in email to IFAB!

So I actually agree, advantage shouldn't be played and player sent off for 2 YC and rescind earlier comment.

Good Point. We had quite lengthy thread on this topic recently as well, resulting in email to IFAB!

So I actually agree, advantage shouldn't be played and player sent off for 2 YC and rescind earlier comment.
Yes, I recall the discussion
Not sure many observers would be astute enough to credit/discredit a referee's actions when faced with the scenario however

If you pull the advantage back there, or don't play it, the only acceptable outcome is a caution and therefore a second one and a sending off.

Except that if he plays advantage, then it isn’t cautionable . . . We went round in circles on the better analysis on this, and got a cryptic response from IFAB.

Back