A&H

Polar M400 + Heart Rate Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarathustra

RefChat Addict
Wasn't too sure exactly where to stick this, so though in here would as good a place as any...

Has anyone got any experience of the Polar M400 and associated heart rate monitor?
I'm currently rocking a Garmin 310XT for training at the moment, but it's getting on a bit now and I'm thinking of getting a new GPS.

The Polar M400 caught my eye as it isn't prohibativley expensive, and aside from the Android app and some issues people have with their support team the watch is getting good reviews on Amazon. But, it is always good to get some first hand advice from those who own, or have owned, the watch.

I'll mainly be using for logging my runs etc, but might have a play around using it during a game, though I accept that the GPS isn't going to give me an accurate reflection of where I've covered on the pitch, the distance and heart rate should be good enough to give me an idea of my physical performance.

The Referee Store
That's pretty damning...

The V800 looks interesting, but I'll need to see what the finances are like next month.

I'm not dead set on a Polar, but I like their smaller profiles when compared to Garmin devices.

Hi SM,

I have a polar RS400 and looking at upgrading to get fitness and for use in matches which would you say is best?

I have a garmin forerunner 220 which is very good. Had it for well over a year, good reliable watch with nice break down of GPS and other stats (including cadence). Had no problems with it.

If I was buying now though, I would be leaning more towards the polar v800. Good web support, good features set supposedly great gps (unlike the pitiful m400). Slightly more expensive.

On a budget forerunner 220, if you have a bit of cash v800

I have used polar v800 and m400 and not a great deal of diference between the 2 other than the v800 is £200 more expensive, v800 has record rate and few minor extras but too be honest m400 is more than enough for referees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back