A&H

Pockets

The Referee Store
Wherever you want to put them. There's no set place for them, it's what works best for you

Doesn't matter Charlie , find a way that works for you ,think there is a CARD thread on here somewhere , have a look at that ..

That should mix you up :eek:

As said above, totally up to you. I'd recommend that if you've got smaller things like a pencil or coin to put it in a zip or closed pocket to stop it falling out. Common sense I know.

For me:

Left chest pocket (my left): Two yellow cards, match report card, pen clipped to the pocket.
Right chest pocket: One red card, coin, spare whistle.
Right back pocket: Red card
Left back pocket: Pencil

I think you'll find that the Lotg Law 5 state that the ref must put the coin in the shorts pocket.

Doesn't it also have to be a coin specially blessed before the game by the head referee officer for the county? :D law 5 mate.

I put a pencil in the top of each sock(in case I lose one)the coin I have in my left pocket which at half time I put in my bag at the side of the pitch as I always take my bag with me I never leave it in a changing room even if its locked. Then my match record and cards in right pocket both pockets quite deep so never had problem with anything falling out.

I tuck them just inside the top of the sock,just where the band goes round to hold the sock up,but I've just bought a new card holder with a pencil slot in but I'll keep a spare tucked in top of sock

I put coin in left pocket, a pencil in each of my shorts and shirt pockets. Red Card in back pocket, yellow in front right pocket of shirt and spare red/yellows in right hand shorts pocket

I put coin in left pocket, a pencil in each of my shorts and shirt pockets. Red Card in back pocket, yellow in front right pocket of shirt and spare red/yellows in right hand shorts pocket

I can see why you might need a spare coin (but only for cup matches) and pencil and whistle.

However, why on earth do you need to take out a spare red and yellow card?

Just recently i have taken to using a small flight case, the type with wheels so you can drag it behind you during my games. I carry in it spare cards whistle notebook along with spare kit (long sleeved and short sleeved) as well as two spare pairs of boots and a bag full of coins. I also keep my laptop in it so i can assess the whole game system mid game and make sure my misconduct reports go in "real time".

And for the record i have triple checked law 5 and can see nowhere that states your coin has to be kept in your shorts, hence why i actually wear my primary coin like a monical.

SORRY...i cant help myself at times, its boring being normal!!!!

Back