A&H

POAK v Borac BangaLuka

A&H International
First of all, without looking at the video, I would never give a caution, simply, for deliberate handball. Deliberate handball is not a caution offence.

I think a handball offence is harsh here. The position of the hands/arms are justifiable to prevent/soften the collision with the goal keeper.

Also not sure if it's the video quality or what but GK and outfield opponents are almost indistinguishable, save for the keeper wearing gloves and using his hands

Yeah, caution for handball? I thought we settled that debate a long time ago. And if the offence is given, I can't see how a caution can be justified for any other reason. (Unless we can call challenging his own keeper USB).

Thae fact that the handling caused the ball to pop out of his own keeper's hands make it clear it is not deliberate handling. And I am with James, the position of the hand is the right place for a legitimate and necessary act to avoid injury. Not a handball for me. And I'd like to think I can sell that decision relatively easily in my games.

Clearly not a deliberate handball, and hands/arms are in a natural position for the player's movement, i.e. attempting to protect himself from collision with goalkeeper.

However, for anyone who does see this as a handling offence, a caution would be 100% wrong in law.

Back