A&H

players understanding of new law changes

happy whistler

Level 7 Referee
Did my first pre-season friendly last night and asked each team separately before start of game if they were aware of the law changes for the coming season.Adult game.
Both teams named same 3 in their opinion
1.No longer allowed to argue with referee or crowd round him
2.can pass the ball backwards for the kick off
3.can no longer be sent off for a professional foul
i corrected their misconceptions and off we went.
Kick off taker is ready to start stood over 4 feet in the other teams half, and when told he still needed to be in his own half asked 'well how can I kick backwards then' - soon resolved that one.
Dissent - only 2 instances during 90 minutes - Both met with firm rebuke with warning of consequences for remainder of this game and going forward during the season.
I couldn't felt but think publicity regarding behaviour towards referees in premier league and EFL could have beneficial knock on effect to us at grassroots level.

The Referee Store
I couldn't felt but think publicity regarding behaviour towards referees in premier league and EFL could have beneficial knock on effect to us at grassroots level.[/QUOTE said:
thats positive thinking, i'm a big fan of that, however the cynic in me says that when the PL refs start tailing off or if they dont implement it at all then it will most certainly creep back in ( or just not go away )

I think it's a good practice to highlight some key law changes with the teams, especially in preseason.

The misconception on DOGSO is interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if that's a fairly common misconception...

Back