A&H

Player injury - treatment

james813

Level 6 Referee
Ball is out of play and Player goes down injured and physio enters FOP from half way line to the edge of the penalty box near the injured player. Injured player gets up without any treatment. Does the player need to leave the FOP as physio has come on, even though he did not receive treatment? Or is it the case that as physio has entered then player must leave?

The Referee Store
Physio not got to him = send him back. If got to him he leaves and wave on when ready. A is did you wave on the physio or did he enter FOP without your permission = whole different subject.

Sunday league stuff, physio told not to come on, but either did not hear or misheard and entered anyway got within 10 yards of player. My decision was as physio had entered and got close, not just stepped on that the player would have to leave and then be waved back on. Got some dissent by this, trying to learn for next time something similar happens.

Reactions: HRW
One thing I've learnt is you can't under estimate the amount of times a physio will run on without you asking 'by mistake' to waste a few seconds. In kids football as soon as anyone stays down for a couple of seconds I tend to call a physio on as generally kids tend to be a little more honest than adults!

Law 5, Interpretation

'as soon as the referee has authorised the doctors to enter the field of play, the player must leave the field of play, either on a stretcher or on foot. if a player does not comply, he must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour'

Back